Software Engineer Intern
- Nashville, TN
Asurion's internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship? We are looking for interns who are curious, humble and eager to learn - which is the way we all approach the design work we do.
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17 th to August 6 th 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Preferred Majors: Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field, with a graduation date between August 2021 - May 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a cutting-edge technology team. We are looking for an intern who wants to be involved in a little bit of everything but most importantly, loves to learn.
- You could be part of one of six teams next summer:
- As a software engineer intern on the API team in our Sterling VA tech hub, you'll work hands on with a high performing API Services team focused on building products for millions of customers. Your internship with the API team will be a deep dive into what it takes to make it in the field of integration and API design/implementation today. You will be given the opportunity to help with all areas of the API Design process from interface modelling, prototyping, information architecture, backend system design, integration testing, and product engineering.
- The Collaboration Services team is looking for future software developers to help build complex software applications that support collaboration as Asurion, utilizing the latest technologies from Microsoft and Amazon cloud environments, to name a few. This opportunity seeks to challenge and grow your technical expertise through solution development and mentorship from Asurion senior software engineers.
- The Digital Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the systems that support our Device Protection customer interactions in the digital channels, including web and communications. We focus on providing a great and efficient user experience, helping our customers get back up and running when things have gone wrong.
- Your internship will explore one of the many unique problem areas we have in the fraud space. You will have the opportunity to research a real-world problem then develop and implement a solution, but you won't go it alone. Experienced Software Engineers will partner with you and provide guidance during your journey.
- The Retail Device Protection team is looking for a strong team player to provide premier support solutions with optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers.
- The Soluto Software Engineering interns will work hands on in an environment which fosters creativity and problem solving. We are not looking to create yet another web app. We need audacious people who can collaborate with product and interaction designers to realize bold solutions. We don't just write code. We want to inspire our 300+ million customers to get the most from technology.
- Enthusiasm for problem solving, learning and collaborating with others
- Desire to become either a full-stack software engineer, back-end software engineer, digital experience engineer
- As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in collaboration sessions, design jams, workshops and design sprints as well as daily standups, retrospectives, & team outings.
- Interns will collaborate with our cross functional team composed of Product Managers, UX designers, developers, and quality automation engineers to build features and enhancements for our products.
- As a member of our team, you will not just observe, but be an active participant in collaboration sessions, technical designs, retrospectives, daily standups as well as writing code.
- Document and present solution designs/approaches to supervisors and other members of the team.
- You'll help us find new ways to make our processes more efficient and consistent. This cuts down on errors and gets stuff done faster.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users.
- Gain comprehension of existing deployment process and engineer automation where possible.
- Research and develop proof of concepts to help solve exiting business and tech problems.
Back to top