Software Engineer Intern
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 17,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers. For more information about Asurion, including customer serviceratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement, please visit www.asurion.com.
The Asurion's Back Office Gateway IT team has created criticalenterprise applications to support Asurion global billing and customer outboundcommunications, which are essential for business innovations and customerexperiences revolution. We welcome intern to join us to share our excitingjourney. Our team presents great application development opportunities forinternship including architecture design, application security, Java/HTML/JSprogramming, Oracle/SQL DB development, hands-on AWS implementation,performance testing, test automation and full life cycle DevOps. In addition,we provide unique opportunity for intern to learn wide range of Asurionbusiness processes and system interactions including Retail, Service Bench,Legacy Care and Horizon.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, this intern will be guidedby highly talented senior developers daily to complete real world tasks tobring positive impact to millions of Asurion customers, while following bestpractice principles and product/customer focused delivery methodology. If the intern performswell throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for fulltimeemployment once the intern graduates.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate aboutbuilding great software product, quick learner, hardworking, attention todetails, and a good team player, in addition to the requirements listed below.
- BS or BE candidate in ComputerScience, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field is required.
- Hands on programing experience in one or more programminglanguages, Java preferred, from school projects or previous internships.
- Good understanding of relational database,basic SQL and data modeling skills with exposure to Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or anyother databases.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Service (AWS) is aplus.
- Academic exposure to operating systems suchas Linux, UNIX, NT.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analyticalskills.
- Strong attention to development detailsrequired for writing high quality code.
- Participate in all stages of software development lifecycle, including requirement analysis, design, coding, build and packaging, testing(unit test, functional and regression tests, performance tests), deployment,production support, and documentation.
- Contributeto building new product features or enhancing existing ones for global billingand outbound communication under the guidance of senior developers, utilizing Java,Node.js, AWS and other software vendors services.
- Responsible for working with Admin teams to deploy codeto QA and Production environments.
- Help other Asurion internal software development teamsthat use our services.
- Work with QA team to support testing and fix defects.
- Work with Admin team to trouble shoot productionissues, and provide instructions to remediate the issues.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively witharchitects, engineers, QA, DBAs, and Business managers to solve problemsspanning their respective areas.
- Document as needed technical requirements, service designand implementation, and production support procedures, etc.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top