Software Engineer Intern
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 17,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers. For more information about Asurion, including customer serviceratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement, please visit www.asurion.com.
Our Horizon Cloud API team is building the next generationclaims system utilizing cutting edge technology. The Horizon platform is one ofthe company's top 3 goals through 2022. On a day-to-day basis, each memberexperiences interactions that stretch their skillsets to think as datascientists, programmers, and hackers to produce the best API performance forgreat customer experience.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible formanaging the interchange of data between the server and the users. The primaryfocus will be the development of all server-side logic and ensuring highperformance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also beresponsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workersinto the application and a full ownership of CI/CD with comprehensive testcoverage. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies andtesting framework is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed byfront-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency,high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a relatedfield required.
- Good knowledge of Node.js and frameworksavailable for it ex Express, StrongLoop, etc. is preferable
- Any experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Googleetc) and PaaS is a plus.
- Experience/exposure with various database enginetechnologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL or others isdesirable.
- User authentication and authorization betweenmultiple systems, servers, and environments Understanding fundamental designprinciples behind a scalable application
- Implementing automated testing platforms andunit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioningtools, such as GIT.
- Understanding of design for scalability,performance and reliability
- Familiarity with data serialization formats likeXML, JSON
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top