Software Engineer Intern
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 17,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers. For more information about Asurion, including customer serviceratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement, please visit www.asurion.com.
TheSoftware Engineer Intern will work with Asurion's Back Office sub-billing ITteam, who supports the finance and sub-billing business function. We buildapplications to automate claim processing, premium billing and reverselogistics functions. We build back office products to provide astreamlined, efficient and reliable platform to consume, consolidate andcorrelate data from various source systems including Horizon/CRM, BillingGateway, BTA processing, payment service provider and bank in a near real-timemanner. The applications we build ensure accurate and consistent subscriberlevel A/R and cash reconciliation.
We arelooking for a Software Engineer Intern with experience in software design,coding and debugging. Applicants should have excellent analytical andmath skills, with the ability to work in teams.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, the Internwill work with industry professionals and will receive training/guidance fromthese professionals on a weekly basis. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will beopportunities for fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or arelated field is required
- Goodwritten and verbal communication skills and ability to provide deliverables intime sensitive projects.
- Proficient in one ormore programming language i.e. Java/Python/PHP
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies like Amazon AWS is agreat plus
- Basic SQL,PL/SQL and database development skills with exposure to SQL or anything otherdatabase.
- Academic exposure to operating systems such as Linux, UNIX, NT
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Shows a strong attention to development detail,produces high-quality code.
- Knowledge of the standard concepts, practices, andprocedures with strong attention to detail regarding the application of changesto mission critical systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills withexcellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong internal customer service skills,ability to use tact and diplomacy, and to work effectively within a team(positive, process oriented).
- Enthusiasm forproblem solving and risk analysis.
- Good understandingof requirements analysis and documentation and data process flows.
- Proficient inMicrosoft Suite Office.
- Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics
- Develop, test, document and implement integrationsolutions using Java, SQL server and Tibco.
- Responsible for software development and releasing codeto QA environments and packaging rollouts to publish to UAT and Production.
- Work with QA team to support regression testing, closedefects and trouble shoot production issues, run production jobs as needed toremediate data issues.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively witharchitects, engineers, QA, DBAs, and Business managers to solve complexproblems spanning their respective areas.
- Ability to collect and document user requirements.
- Research existing data and process flow and identifychanges needed according to requirement.• Analyze and assess impact of business across all productsand services
- Researchmarket trend for technology products for various clients and propose changesfor back office billing applications.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top