Software Engineer in Test 3
Digital Experience Engineering - Software Engineer in Test 3
At Asurion, we don't just redefine-we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference-for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
The Digital Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the systems that support our Device Protection customer interactions in the digital channels, including web and communications. We focus on providing a great and efficient user experience, helping our customers get back up and running when things have gone wrong.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We work in small, empowered teams that have clear goals and success measures, and leverage the creativity of all members of the team.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for engineers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Who's a great match for us?
- Highly-motivated, full-stack engineers with experience in development, design and architecture, who are passionate about developing great software and love solving hard problems.
- We're using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we'll need you to be agile and data-driven too.
As a Software Engineer in Test 3 in the Digital Experience Engineering group , here's what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation, our partners and our customers
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other engineers on a small, focused and empowered team
- Work with your team leadership to define and establish testing team strategy and process, both manual and automated
- Work with other engineers to accomplish highly automated application testing with maximum coverage
- Analyze and ensure team is using testing best practices to ensure optimal quality and customer satisfaction
- Participate in design and code inspections
- Debug and respond to customer facing issues in production
- Perform manual testing as a prequel to automation or where automation is not applicable
- At least 3 years (5 years is preferred) of experience building test automation software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Object-oriented design experience and/or functional design experience
- Experience working in a modern, agile software development lifecycle using tools like Jira, LeanKit or Trello
- Experience with Git and tools like Github, Bitbucket, or GitLab is preferred
- Experience with Lean, data-driven techniques is a big plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and processes and proven ability to write complex test cases
- Expertise with automated testing tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Ghost Inspector, SOAP UI, Jasmine or similar
- Experience with continuous integration tools and processes, Agile delivery, and test driven (TDD) or behavior driven (BDD) development
- Experience in auto provisioning and teardown of environments and test data
- Familiar with the underlying architecture of a multi-tier browser-based applications, including operating systems, servers, databases, networking, clients, and browsers
- Experience using SQL to inspect data
- Experience with unit test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG)
- Experience with collaborative BDD tools like Cucumber or similar.
- Experience creating RESTful and SOAP web service and API-driven automated tests
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top