For two decades, Asurion has led thetechnology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premiersupport solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications toprotect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost,stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leadingwireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus ontheir businesses and to provide services that delight their customers.Asurion's 14,000 employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs ofmore than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solvechallenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuousdelivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from ourengineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product,user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams aresmall enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that ourwork makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliablesystems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects whiledelivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoydiscussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great productsolutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We'relooking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, havea love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a Software Engineer 3 at Asurion, here'swhat you can expect to do:
- Takeon an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, whereyou can learn something new every day
- Thinkthrough hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and providevery tangible benefits to the corporation
- Workin a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culturewhere your talent is valued over a role title
- Writeserver-side code for web-based and SOA applications, create robust high-volumeproduction applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Writeautomated functional tests for web pages
- Automatedeployment and management of our platform using cloud technologies
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- Atleast 3 years (5 years is preferred) of experience building modern webapplications
- Apassion for keeping the front-end lean and fast, while ensuring that allfeatures are a pleasure to use
- Apassion for software architecture, and great experience designing APIs that area joy to use
- GreatOO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experiencein Java technologies, including Servlets and Servlet containers, JDBC, JMS,JAXB, Java8 and modern tools to build RESTful web services
- Goodcommunication skills
- Agood understanding of Agile best practices and tools
- Knowledgeof cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Experiencewith Lean techniques is a big plus
- Arelaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top