Software Engineer 4 (Java)
The Software Engineer 4 is a functionalexpert and technical thought leader in the field of software engineering as itrelates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 4 willdesign, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards andfunctional requirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 4is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting theManager and/or Sr. Manager by facilitating assigned activities including thecoordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, andad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in atimely fashion
- Follows established coding standards andtechniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases tovalidate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensureadherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing teamto ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore developmentteams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore andoff-shore code
- Shows a strong attention to developmentdetail, produces high-quality code
- Assists the Manager and Sr. Manager with thetraining and mentoring of the team members.
- Partners with business teams, development,and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
- Maintains expertise in the application and useof systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processesthat drive the applications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion'sapplications and system integration and is able to understand changes in orderto anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergencytasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion'sinter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications arerelayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and externalcommunications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility ofrequested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply withsecurity policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering,Mathematics, or a related field required
- 5 or more years of software developmentexperience required
- Experience being a technical leader preferred
- Specific knowledge/experience in one or moreof the following preferred:
- Application Architecture
- Java, Scala, ReactJS, HTML, XML, Web Services,HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL, and DBMS (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Reactive Programming
- Single Page Web Application experience
- Multithreaded Web Application experience
- Creation of Physical and Logical designdocuments
- Developing applications servicing largetransactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or other equivalent large scalDBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Experience with object-oriented design andimplementation
- Ability to design and implement appropriateinfrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments,provide scalability and two-node implementation
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top