Software Engineer 4- iOS
Software Engineer, Mobile - Level 4
The Software Engineer 4 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 4 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 4 is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting the Manager and/or Sr. Manager by facilitating assigned activities including the coordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer 4 will maintain expertise of the functional software engineering processes used by Asurion. This position works as an IT functional track lead for a team of developers to evaluate and implement technology solutions that meet business objectives. While reviewing the work of peers is involved, this is strictly limited to the project assignment, with no ability to hire, fire or make personnel decisions regarding other employees.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development teams.
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Assists the Manager and Sr. Manager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Partners with business teams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- Work closely with Product and UX team as part of Journey Team, perform product discovery, user testing, prototyping and designing/implementing final solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 5 or more years of software development experience required
- 3 or more years of development experience using Mobile software required
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text, UIKit
- Experience with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Strong knowledge of mobile development concepts: app lifecycle, RESTful web service integration, concurrency, Auto Layout, and mobile testing
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices: object-oriented programming, design patterns
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience with accessibility development is a plus
- Experience with ReactNative is a plus
- Experience being technical leader of small teams preferred
- Specific knowledge/experience in one or more or the following required:
- Source control systems like CVS (Concurrent Versions System), SVN (Subversion), VSS (Visual SourceSafe), and Perforce;
- AWS Services (EC2, RDS, Networking, S3, Cognito)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top