Software Engineer 4
Sr. Server Developer
Asurion Mobile Applications develops and manages industry-leading applications that enable wireless subscribers to easily recover or replace their device or transfer their data to a new device if they lose or damage their current device. From contacts to pictures and videos, many wireless subscribers consider the content on their wireless devices more valuable than the device itself. Asurion's Data Protection service helps wireless subscribers protect their digital assets, while providing wireless carriers with additional revenue streams, increased ARPU, greater subscriber loyalty and reduced churn. Asurion Mobile Applications also offers a suite of features to help recover your lost device.
For more information, visit www.asurionmobile.com.
Asurion is the global leader in technology protection services. From lost, stolen and damaged wireless handsets to malfunctioning computers, gaming systems and more, Asurion, together with sister company NEW, provides more than 200 million consumers worldwide with best-in-class service, repair, replacement and delivery. The company also provides products which can protect a consumer's wireless content and software. Asurion is the exclusive provider to many of the world's premier telecommunications and retail companies. The company is privately held with more than 10,000 employees and operates in six countries across three continents. For more information, please visit www.asurion.com.
What drives you?
Do you love developing world-class products that delight millions of consumers?
Would you like to be personally responsible for new features from conception to deployment?
Are you a top flight Java coder who wants to make a difference?
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who will help design, develop and deliver complex, multi-tiered, J2EE distributed software applications for all mobile platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing Java server applications using JBoss and Spring. Your experience must be in 24x7, highly scalable, high performance, end user facing services. At Asurion our work environment is dynamic; it is important for developers to feel comfortable multi-tasking and working with rapid development lifecycles. This position provides an excellent opportunity to drive the adoption of services you've developed into the hands of millions of users. Responsibilities include translating requirements into technical design documents, coding features as part of a team, writing unit and integration tests, debugging, and working with QA as a partner to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science - 7+ years experience
- 4 or more years of software development experience
- 3 or more years of development experience using Java
- Strong Java coding skills
- Experience with networking concepts and network layers
- Must be familiar with standard multi-tiered architectures
- Demonstrated ability to develop well-structured code, delivered on time. We are an XP/Agile shop.
- A self-starter with a strong desire to learn new concepts
- 1 - 2 years working in an Agile environment
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Must be a fast learner, able to adapt to new applications and frameworks, and eager to work on fast-paced, exciting, and innovative technologies.
- Experience with source control.
- Work autonomously and check-in as decisions are made, proactively identifying potential issues and escalating only when necessary.
- Solves problems creatively, with a keen desire to continually learn and grow, motivated by success.
- Experience in developing consumer facing mobile applications a plus.
- Experience in cloud development is a plus.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design and various software design patterns and frameworks.
- Web Services (Rest/Soap)
- JMS (any provider)
- JBoss (or Weblogic/Websphere)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top