Software Engineer 4
Software Engineer 4- SDET
The role at a glance:
You will have the opportunity to work in the latest technologies and advanceyour career. This role focuses on supporting back end services, leveraging AWS.You will be working on the latest Java Frameworks. This is afast-paced environment where you will get access to new products, cross teamcollaboration and innovation.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Developseffective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Followsestablished coding standards and techniques, assists with establishingstandards
- Develops automatedunit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees andconducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding andarchitectural standards
- Works withdevelopers and stake holders of Journey teams and Integration Testing team toensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Acts as atechnical resource for junior team members and helps with onboarding.
- Shows a strongattention to development detail, produces high-quality code.
- Assists the TestManager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Works closely withTest Manager to implement strategies for test framework and test principlesthrough the organization.
- Drives thetechnical vision and strategic direction of technology with input from Manager,business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintainsexpertise in the application/ framework and use of systems, tools, andprocesses within the department's scope.
- Maintainsexpertise in the business processes that drive the applications within thedepartment's scope.
- Maintains aworking knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is ableto understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-processimpacts.
- Coordinatesscheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures theappropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedureswithin the testing team.
- Provides properstatus notifications to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internaland external communications through the approved protocols.
- Communicates thefeasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Sr. Manager,internal Business and Project Stakeholders.
- BS in ComputerScience, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 4 or more years ofsoftware development experience required.
- 3 or more years ofdevelopment experience using Java software required.
- 3 or more years ofhands on experience developing and maintaining automation frameworks based inJava and Appium and designing automated test cases on native apps on Androidand iOS for mobile devices.
- 3 or more years ofexperience working with Appium, selenium web driver technologies.
- Experience in three or more ofthe following areas:
RESTful web services, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications,Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), Cloudapplication development, Caching technologies (redis, memcached,hazelcast), Messaging technologies (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), NoSQLtechnologies (Cassandra, HBase), real-time streaming (apache storm).
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top