Software Engineer 4
TheSoftware Engineer 4 is a functional expert in the field of software engineeringas it relates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 4will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards andfunctional requirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 4is responsible for overseeing and conducting code reviews and assisting theManager and/or Sr. Manager by facilitating assigned activities including thecoordination of resources for approved Projects, system improvements, andad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer 4 will maintain expertiseof the functional software engineering processes used by Asurion. This positionworks as an IT functional track lead for a team of developers to evaluate andimplement technology solutions that meet business objectives. While reviewingthe work of peers is involved, this is strictly limited to the projectassignment, with no ability to hire, fire or make personnel decisions regardingother employees.
- Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development teams.
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- Assists the Manager and Sr. Manager with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Partners with business teams, development, and IT support to drive creation of processes and procedures
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within the department's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 5 or more years of software development experience required
- 3 or more years of development experience using Java software required
- Experience being technical leader of small teams preferred
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: RESTful web services, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications, Application Servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), AWS stack (EC2, lambda, EBS, ELB, Dynamo BD, KMS, Cloud watch etc), Caching technologies (redis, memcached, hazelcast), Messaging technologies (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, HBase), real-time streaming (apache storm).
Specificknowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
- Application Architecture
- Software Development
- Java, XML, Web Services, SQL, & SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, or Postgres
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Multithreaded Web Application experience
- Creation of Physical and Logical design documents
- Developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing RDBMS
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
- Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and repair of existing applications
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top