Software Engineer 3 (Java)
The Web SoftwareDeveloper is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as itrelates to the business objectives of Asurion. The Web Software Developerwill design, code, test, and debug web applications that meet system standardsand functional requirements. The Web Software Developer will participate incode reviews and with all development-related activities for approved projects,system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests.
- Designs and develops effective, maintainable, high quality code ina timely fashion
- Develops technical designs and solutions.
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skillsincluding the ability to concisely express solutions/ideas verbally or viawritten text and diagrams
- Adheres to established coding and architectural standards
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies andguidelines
- Works with analysts, Product Owners, and Integration Testing teamto ensure the delivery of quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Maintains proficiency in the application and use of systems,tools, and processes within the department’s scope. Maintains proficiency inthe business processes that drive the applications within the department’sscope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion’s applications and systemintegration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipatecross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Performs scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within thedepartment’s scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion’s inter-departmentalprocesses and procedures
- Provides proper status notifications and updates
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fieldrequired
- 3 or more years of software development experience required
- 2-3 years of developing web applications with Java and/or Scalaand ReactJS
- Experience developing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems. Abilityto work independently to remove roadblocks and keep development on track.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development using tools like Cucumber,JUnit, NUnit
- Experience with Jasmine Java Script testing framework a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery. Jenkinsautomation experience is a plus.
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge and experience
- Experience creating Physical and Logical design documents
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: C#, XML,Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, REST, SQL and RDBMS (e,g SQL Server, Oracle)
- Multithreaded Web Application experience.
- Experience developing applications serving large transactionalsystems utilizing Oracle and/or other equivalent large scale DBMS (e.g SQLServer)
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top