Software Engineer 3
Job Title: Software Engineer, Full Stack - Level 3
We are ambitious. We are looking to disrupt a tired and ineffective service model.
Today, Asurion serves 300M+ customers and offers personalized assistance and technical support for connected devices (phones, tablets, IoT/smart home, etc.) on behalf of the largest mobile and retail brands. We believe this is just the beginning. By developing new technology, processes, and capabilities we can extend our award-winning service levels (NPS, CSAT, and resolution rates) to a much broader set of clients and end customers. We have ensured our team has the autonomy to ideate and build the best platform and service while still leveraging the solid financial stability of a larger company. Success will be in the platform delivery.
This is where you come in. We are not looking for project managers or code implementers or web designers. We are looking for explorers. We'll hire you for your skills -but expect much more. We need forward-thinking team members that can execute their expertise while planning for scale.
The Software Engineer, Full Stack - Level 3 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to the business objectives. The Software Engineer, Full Stack - Level 3 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional/performance requirements. The position will be responsible for unit testing and code reviews and other development activities for approved projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer, Full Stack - Level 3 will maintain an understanding and work to develop expertise of the functional software engineering processes. This position may work as an IT functional track lead for a team of developers to evaluate and implement technology solutions that meet business objectives. While reviewing the work of peers may be involved, this is strictly limited to the project assignment, with no ability to hire, fire or make personnel decisions regarding other employees.
• Passion and Drive. Build, manage, and scale frontend and backend web application components
• Teamwork. Collaborate with a team of highly talented engineers, designers and product managers
• Ownership and accountability. Write high quality code, unit tests, measure performance and build monitoring
• Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
• Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
• Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
• Conducts code reviews with peers and management
• Work closely with UI designers and Product Owners to refine the product requirements
• Works with Business Analysts and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
• Works with off shore development teams. Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
• Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
• Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
• Creates processes and procedures with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
• Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
• Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the business processes that drive the applications within the department's scope
• Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
• Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion's inter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
• Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
• Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
• Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
• Work closely with Product and UX team as part of team, perform product discovery, user testing, prototyping and designing/implementing final solutions.
• 3 or more years of software development experience
• 2 or more years of development experience using Full Stack Technologies required
• Familiarity with React (preferred) or Backbone.js, and MongoDB or Dynamodb
• Demonstrated experience in delivering features and products in a fast paced, KPI driven, end customer focused environment
• Good understanding of distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
• Experience building applications using Amazon Web Services
• Experience writing and utilizing REST APIs
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• Familiarity with one or more of: C/C++, Java, Python or Ruby
• Specific knowledge/experience in one or more of the following required:
○ Web Application Architecture
○ Web System Architecture, SOA, REST, AJAX, JSON, CDN, SSO, WebPack, browser SFIY
○ Devops automation
○ AWS services programming
○ RDBMS management
○ Java, Spring, Spring MVC, MySql, No-SQL, Web servers
○ Web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and web-related performance and optimization techniques.
○ Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
○ Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design and implementation
○ Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
○ Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and repair of existing applications
○ Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
Education Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related field
Location: San Francisco, CA
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Niranjan M.Software Engineer
Niranjan writes the code for next-gen technology systems. He draws diagrams, implements programming, reviews security, and monitors dashboard analytics for future updates.
Back to top