Software Engineer 3
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 16,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 300 millionconsumers.
We're a strong team of product-oriented developers, so we don'tjust write code - we're always looking at the impact we have on users and wemeasure it obsessively. We're using cutting edge technology combined with greatmethodologies around Continuous Integration & Deployment, so awesome codewith new innovative features is published to production multiple times eachweek. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audienceis large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Who's a great match for us?
- A highly-motivated developer with experience in development,design and architecture.
- We're using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we'll needyou to be agile and data-driven too.
- Full-stack developers who are passionate about developing greatsoftware, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning newtechnology.
As a Software Engineer 3 (Mobile) at Asurion,here's what you can expect to do:
- Be a key developer on a team creating new mobile applicationsfor Asurion's Soluto business
- Work very closely with our product and design teams
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, andunique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make themreality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical,and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a title
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Developmentcoding best practices
- Share your skills and experience with more junior engineers
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness ofapplications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- 2 years developing native mobile applications
- An understanding of mobile platform design principles andinterface guidelines
- At least 3 years (5 years is preferred) of experience buildingmodern software (mobile, web, services)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Multi-threaded application development experience
- A passion for keeping applications lean and fast, while ensuringthat all features are a pleasure to use
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Superior communication skills
- A solid understanding of Agile best practices and tools
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Lean techniques is a big plus
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top