Software Engineer 3
Job Posting Title
Software Engineer 3 - iOS
Job Description Summary
Asurion is looking for a brilliant and self-starter software engineer to join its new initiatives team.
You are an experienced and energetic software engineer that wants to step up your career? As part of a highly motivated small team, you will be a key player in architecting, developing, and testing brand new products based on leading edge technologies (Serverless processes, Machine learning, IOT frameworks…). We strongly value a "move fast, learn fast" attitude, therefore, the candidate must show a great amount of flexibility in her work being encouraged to think out-of-the-box.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Works very closely with Product, Design, Data Science leaders to ensure the alignment of the development with the expected outcomes and requirements
- Demonstrate progresses on a day to day basis to the other team members (Scrum)
- Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Conducts code reviews to ensure adherence to established coding and architectural standards
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field required
- 3 or more years of software development experience required
- 2 or more years of IOS development required
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure (lambda, dynamo DB, IOT,…)
- Knowledge of Python and its scientific libraries (numpy, scipy)
- Exposition to machine learning technologies a plus
- Exposition to hardware integration a plus
- Experience being a technical leader for junior staff preferred
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top