Software Engineer 2 (Java)
The Software Engineer 2is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates tothe business objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 2 will code,test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functional requirementsin various software languages. This position will work on the Selenium automation framework team and will help develop and managethe automation framework.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in atimely fashion
- Follows established coding standards andtechniques, assists with establishing standards
- Develops automated test cases to validatedefect-free code
- Conducts code reviews with peers and management
- Works with off shore development teams. Acts asa technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shorecode and requirements
- Shows a strong attention to development detail,produces high-quality code
- Creates processes and procedures with input frombusiness teams, development, and IT Support.
- Maintains proficiency and developsexpertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes withinthe department's scope
- Maintains proficiency and develops expertise inthe business processes that drive the applications within the department'sscope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion'sapplications and system integration and is able to understand changes in orderto anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion'sinter-departmental processes and procedures within the testing team.
- Provides proper status notifications are relayedto business stakeholders and Client Relations for internal and externalcommunications through the approved protocols.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility ofrequested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
- Utilizes design patterns that comply withsecurity policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering,Mathematics, or a related field required
- 2 or more years of software development experience required
- Working Knowledge of Seleniumor another automation Tool.
- Specific knowledge/experience in one or more ofthe following preferred:
- Application Architecture
- Java, HTML, XML, Web Services, HTTP, SOAP, SQL,and DBMS (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)
- Single Page Web Application experience
- Multithreaded Web Application experience
- Developing applications servicing largetransactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or other equivalent large scaleDBMS (e.g. Oracle)
- Experience with object-oriented design andimplementation
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top