Software Engineer 2 (Java)
At Asurion, we don't just redefine—we reinvent. We began byestablishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by hierarchy. Asa result we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spiritis as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our teammembers are encouraged daily to make a difference—for our clients, customers,and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our17,000 team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, whileat the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, andinnovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startupprinciples. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of theway, working with various teams including product, user experience, call centeroperations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fastdecisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendousimpact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensureperformance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product thatdelivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideaswith your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on yourknowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who arepassionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hardproblems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds likeyou, get in touch!
The Software Engineer 2 is functionally competent and working toward functionalexpertise in the field of software engineering as it relates to the businessobjectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 2 will design, code, test, anddebug applications that meets system standards and functional requirements invarious software languages. The position will assist in code reviews and withthe activities for approved Projects, system improvements, and ad-hoc oremergency requests.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Conducts code reviews with peers and management
- Works with BAs and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code thatmeets the functional requirements
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code
- Maintains proficiency in the application and use of systems, tools, andprocesses within the department's scope
- Maintains proficiency in the business processes that drive theapplications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and systemintegration.
- Assists with the compilation of status notifications for businessstakeholders and Client Relations.
- Ensures code complies with security policies and guidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related fieldrequired
- 2 or more years of software development experience required
- Specific knowledge/experience in most of the following preferred:
- Hands-on experience with defining and implementing the release process
- Build systems/script construction (e.g., ANT/MAKE builds)
- Singe Page Web Applications
- Multithreaded Web Applications implementing Java technologies
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top