Software Engineer 2
Software Engineer 2 –Engineering Services
The Software Engineer 2 is afunctional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to thebusiness objectives of Asurion. The Software Engineer 2 will design, code,test, and debug applications that meet system standards and functionalrequirements in various software languages. The Software Engineer 2 isresponsible for code & test development, development of automated tests& tools, maintaining automation suite, performance & load testing, developmentof tools & component and their integration, conducting code reviews andworking under leadership of Tech Lead or Manager, performing systemimprovements, and ad-hoc or emergency requests. The Software Engineer 2 willmaintain expertise of the functional software engineering processes used byAsurion. While reviewing the work of peers is involved, this is strictlylimited to the project assignment, with no ability to hire, fire or makepersonnel decisions regarding other employees.
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assistswith establishing standards
- Develops automated test cases to validate defect-free code.
- Develops code to build, deploy, monitor services and productionhealth
- Oversees and conducts code reviews to ensure adherence toestablished coding and architectural standards
- Works with Engineering leads or Manager and Integration Testingteam to ensure quality code that meets the functional requirements
- Works with and leads off shore development resources as needed.
- Able to multi task and work on readjusted priorities.
- Able to test in an exploratory manner and identify key scenariosto automate and develop.
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Involved in integrating on-shore and off-shore code as required.
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produceshigh-quality code
- Maintains expertise in the application and use of systems,tools, and processes within the department's scope
- Maintains expertise in the business processes that drive theapplications within the department's scope
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications andsystem integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipatecross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Coordinates scheduled ad-hoc, and emergency tasks within thedepartment's scope.
- Ensures the appropriate adherence to Asurion'sinter-departmental processes and procedures within the engineering services team.
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requesteddeliverables and timelines to the Tech Lead and/or Manager
- Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies andguidelines
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a relatedfield required
- 2 or more years of software development experience required
- 2 or more years of development experience using Java softwarerequired
- At least a year experience with working with automation tools,build pipelines, CI/CD tools and processes prefered
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: RESTful webservices, RDBMS skills, Multi-threaded applications, Application Servers(JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.), Cloud application development,Caching technologies (redis, memcached, hazelcast), Messaging technologies(ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka), NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, HBase), real-timestreaming (apache storm).
Specific knowledge/experiencein most of the following preferred:
- Software Development
- Java, XML, Web Services, SQL, & SQL Server, Oracle, MySql,or Postgres
- Continues Integration/Deployment tools andsolutions. Such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Cloud deployment and configuration for AWS
- Working with cloud services and solutions
- Working with monitoring logging frameworks that integrates withoperations tools and solutions.
- Strong OOD / OOP knowledge
- Multithreaded Web Application knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with object-oriented design andimplementation
- Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish;including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing,functional testing and bug fixing
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting andrepair of existing applications
- Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top