Software Engineer 2
JobDescription Summary: The Product Architecture Team within Asurion works toensure the we can quickly assess, scope, pilot and release innovation to ourclient marketplace. We partner with key leaders to define, analyze and solutionproduct opportunities in order to accelerate innovation.
To facilitate this mission, the team has developed a tool called LaunchPad. LaunchPadis an internal Asurion product that allows users across Client Services, ClientSolutions, Product Delivery, Product Development, Finance, Customer Solutionsand others to define products and capture client solution configurations basedon common product definitions. The tool enables a product centric model andaccelerates product and client launches while providing clear guardrails andproduct understanding. Launchpad has been developed and released in an MVPversion. This MVP has allowed us to test the market, but lacks criticalfunctionality that is needed to provide true market fit. In order to gain fullmarket adoption, we need to add targeted functionality.
Weare seeking a passionate and energetic developer to partner with us to takeLaunchPad to the next level.
- Work in aninformal, collaborative culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Create the designspecifications for development from successful discovery efforts
- Work as a part ofan Agile team to develop and implement product enhancements
- Design, develop,code, test, and debug applications
- Build reusablecode and libraries for future use
- Execute unit andsystem testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and workclosely with other team members to successfully deploy the code to production
- Ensure accuracyand integrity of data and application through analysis, coding, writing cleardocumentation and problem resolution
- Advance jobknowledge to next level by participating in educational opportunities; readingprofessional publications
- BS in ComputerScience, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Understanding ofcore OO principles
- Familiarity withrelational databases and SQL
- StrongCommunication & Technical skills
- Responsible,energetic, quick learner
- Demonstratedability to adapt to new technology
- Self-motivatedwith ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Skills in thefollowing areas would be considered a bonus:
- React JS
- MS SQL Server
- Bit Bucket
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top