Software Developer Intern (Soluto)
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 17,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers. For more information about Asurion, including customer serviceratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement, please visit www.asurion.com.
Want to work on a fast-paced,self-driven team that helps deliver world-class technology support to ourcustomers? On the Soluto team, you will work alongside top engineers to helpbuild a seamless experience between our customers and tech experts byleveraging the latest technologies.
Soluto is a productorganization within Asurion and we partner with the biggest carriers andretailers around the world to provide our service to millions of users. We're a strong team ofproduct-oriented developers, so we don't just write code - we're always lookingat the impact we have on users and we measure it obsessively. We're usingcutting edge technology combined with great methodologies around ContinuousIntegration & Deployment, so awesome code with new innovative features ispublished to production multiple times each week. Our teams are smallenough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our workmakes a tremendous impact.
Weare looking for highly-motivated individuals that want to help contribute tothe success of the team. We use Lean Startup methodologies which will allow youto learn what it means to be agile and data-driven. Most of all we want someonewho is passionate about developing great software, loves solving hard problems,and enjoys learning new technology.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, the Internwill work with industry professionals and will receive training/guidance fromthese professionals on a weekly basis. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will beopportunities for fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
- Progress on BS in Computer Science,Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field is required
- Strong attention to detail and ability tofocus
- Proactive attitude
- Enthusiasm for problem solving
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with others
- Good written and verbal communicationskills and ability to provide deliverables in time sensitive projects
- Familiarity with one or moreprogramming languages i.e. Java/Python/PHP
Nice to have:
- Experience building web applications
- Experience integrating with web services (publishing or consuming)
- Experience with technical design (class diagrams)
- Exposure to database technologies (SQL or no-SQL)
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies like Amazon AWS orMicrosoft Azure
- Understanding of requirements analysis, documentation,and data process flows
- Project management or development lifecycle skills
- Computer Science/Network Engineering,Engineering, Mathematics
- TheSoluto Developer Intern will collaborate with our cross functional teamcomposed of Product Managers, UX designers, developers, and quality assuranceanalysts to build features and enhancements for our product
- Contributeto UX and technical designs
- ContributeAngular and React code for our User Interface
- ContributeJava and NodeJS code for our web service layer
- ContributeAnsible and Serverless code for our infrastructure automation
- Contributeunit tests with Mockito and JUnit
- Contributefunctional (E2E) tests with Gherkin / Webdriver.js / Selenium
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top