Software Developer Intern, Retail Team
The Retailteam is looking for a strong team player to provide premier support solutions withoptimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy andprovide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 16,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers.
We are looking for an intern withexperience in software design, coding and debugging. Applicants shouldhave excellent analytical skills, with the ability to work in teams.
Throughoutthe internship, the intern will work with Retail development teams and willreceive training/guidance from these professionals on a weekly basis. If the intern performs well throughout theinternship, there will be opportunities for fulltime employment once the interngraduates.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills withability to provide deliverables in time sensitive projects.
- Proficient in one or more Object Orientedprogramming language.
- Basic SQL PL/SQL and database development skillswith ability to write basic queries.
- Classroom knowledge of software developmentlifecycle methodologies
- Basic understanding in web application developmentusing HTML/Java scripts/CSS
Nice to have:
- Ability to understand data analysis and trends
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Enthusiasm for problem solving and risk analysis.
- Good understanding of requirements analysis anddocumentation and data process flows.
- Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering,Mathematics
- Research existing data and process flow and identifychanges needed according to requirement.· Program using JAVA for small application enhancements / bugfixes· Analyze and assess impact of business across all productsand services
- Research market trend for products for variousclients and propose changes for catalog.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top