Software Design Engineer in Testing
Fortwo decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around theglobe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use oftechnology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security;and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices.Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and serviceproviders enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide servicesthat delight their customers. Asurion’s 14,000 employees worldwide specializein fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
Wevalue open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, andinnovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startupprinciples. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of theway, working with various teams including product, user experience, call centeroperations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fastdecisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendousimpact.
Doyou enjoy testing code and giving software a good beating before it’s releasedto customers? Do you like to have lively discussions with your peers onthe best way to build and test software? Do you use your knowledge oftesting and testability to influence better software design and properengineering practices? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with yourpeers, coming up with great solutions and passing on your knowledge to othersfrequently? If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a Software Design Engineer In Testing at Asurion, here’swhat you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offersvariety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something newevery day
- Think through hard problems, andwork with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to thecorporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative,transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valuedover a role title
- Work collaboratively within KPIdriven journey teams to successfully accomplish any task necessary for theimprovement of customer experience and company-driven goals.
- Work with other engineers toaccomplish highly automated testing with maximum coverage of our internalcustomer web-based application.
- Record test procedures and results,numerical and graphical data.
- Work with development teams todevelop a testing culture. Help drive adoption of unit testing, metrics tomonitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledgeabout how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge withmeasurable result, impacting the quality of the product
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- 1 – 2 years combined experiencetesting modern web applications using automation testing practices.
- Some experience executing automationtests using Selenium and Cucumber.
- Usable knowledge of Java or Dart.
- A passion for maintaining ahigh-quality web application using innovative testing techniques.
- A passion for workingcollaboratively in a self-driven small team atmosphere with a naturalwillingness and drive to tackle tasks outside your normal operatingenvironment.
- Excellent analytical,troubleshooting and professional communication skills.
- Ability to advocate ideas and toobjectively participate in team discussions.
- An understanding of Agile testing best practices and tools is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud technologies suchas AWS or Azure is a plus
- Knowledge of software best practiceslike test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), andcontinuous integration
- Experience with Lean techniques is abig plus
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
Back to top