Software Design Engineer in Testing
Software Design Engineer in Testing (Mobile) – Soluto Nashville
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 16,000 employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you enjoy testing code and giving software a good beating before it's released to customers? Do you like to have lively discussions with your peers on the best way to build and test software? Do you use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design and proper engineering practices? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a Software Design Engineer in Testing (Mobile) at Asurion, here's what you can expect to do:
- Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Work collaboratively within KPI driven journey teams to successfully accomplish any task necessary for the improvement of customer experience and company-driven goals.
- Work with other engineers to accomplish highly automated mobile device testing with maximum coverage of our internal customer web-based application.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data.
- Work with development teams to develop a testing culture. Help drive adoption of unit testing, metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable result, impacting the quality of the product
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- 2 - 3 years combined experience testing modern web applications using automation testing practices.
- 1 - 2 years' experience executing automation tests using Selenium and Cucumber.
- Prefer 1 – 2 years in mobile application testing
- Good understanding of test-driven development techniques
- Usable knowledge of Java or Dart.
- A passion for maintaining a high-quality web application using innovative testing techniques.
- A passion for working collaboratively in a self-driven small team atmosphere with a natural willingness and drive to tackle tasks outside your normal operating environment.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and professional communication skills.
- Ability to advocate ideas and to objectively participate in team discussions.
- A solid understanding of Agile testing best practices and tools
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
- Experience with Lean techniques is a big plus
- A relaxed yet enthusiastic attitude
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top