Service Desk Analyst I
IT Service Desk Analyst 1, GlobalService Desk
The Service Desk Analyst 1 is responsible for delivering first-level serviceand support of end-user service requests and computing issues to include, butnot limited to:
- Internationally offices and call centers
- All remote and work at home employees
- External access to internal systems
- All end-user devices and software that connect to the Asurion network.
The position requires a commitment to end-user satisfaction and experience indriving process improvement.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7/365 first level IT support, mayrequire all shift work availability.
- Work with Asurion end-users to fulfill servicerequests and resolve incidents that have been raised by approved intakemethods, including but not limited to phone and ticket portal.
- Achieve individual and team goals including quality.
- Organizes workload to meet deadlines as assigned bythe team leadership.
- Build and maintain relationships with all IT andapplicable business units.
- Maintains awareness of the current and forecasted statesof the IT environment.
- Stay informed of current or changing trends in IToperations including the current and new offered services, policies, proceduresand other external changes that could have an impact on service desk services.
- Adhere to service desk best practices and process frameworks,such as the ITIL.
- Maintain the knowledge base repository, improvingend-user satisfaction and reduce costs by increasing first contact resolution.
- Recommend productivity improvement plans byidentify areas of transforming manual processes into automated or self-servicesolutions.
- Review and attend training for all current, revisedor new offered services for service execution.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applicationsand system integration
- Escalates issues to leadership in a timely andappropriate manner.
- Develops a proficient level of understanding of theAsurion business models.
- Adheres to all departmental policies, process andprocedures as assigned by the team leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains ITIL-based best practices for Asurion-wideservice desk processes.
- Capability to support application and use ofsystems, tools, and processes within the scope of the service desk.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion'sapplications and system integration and is able to escalate appropriately toengage Level 1/2/3 teams for support.
- Promotes customer satisfaction and quality customerservice.
- Models Asurion's Core Values.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business,Computer Sciences or IT related field (equivalent combination of relatededucation, training, and experience may be considered)
- Minimum 1 year experience in technical support
- Basic understanding of ITIL framework, Foundationcertification a plus
- Relevant IT disciplines or certifications
- Knowledge of common ticketing tools, ServiceNowtool suite a plus
- Skill in diagnosing and troubleshooting technicalproblems
- Good oral and written communication skills
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top