Senior Operations Technical Manager
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Senior OperationsTechnical Manager is to lead a team of degreed and skilled tradeprofessionals to design processes supporting new business efforts involvingcomplex equipment or automation solutions related to process, material, cost,production, and overall quality withinthe Asurion supply chain organization. This role will serve as direct support to SCM organizationsoperational leadership to execute large scale Capital or Opex expansionprojects to improve operational performance and to maintain logistics equipmentfor North America Supply Chain Operations. The scope of responsibility will be on bothTLC specific and Asurion-wide improvement projects that relate to Supply Chain.Projects might include support to corporate initiatives, both domestically andinternationally. Ability to solve operational related challenges throughautomation.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (i.e. EE, ME, IE, QE) Required
- MBA preferred
- 7 years of hands-on Engineering Management experience
- 7 years of hands-on professional experience in fast-paced environments
- Experience in Logistics or Manufacturing Industry preferred
- Prior business / commercial (i.e. purchasing, commodity management) experience desired
- Core and Leadership: Translating organizational priorities into actionable plans, leading changes and innovation, customer champion managing functional alignment, driving results, problem solving and decision making, optimizing talent, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, displaying leadership change, divine discontent, intellectual horsepower and learning agility, demonstrating credibility and influence.
- Technical: Additional certification such as PMP, ASQ CQE, CQA or ISO Lead Auditor is desirable
- Technical: Strong Project Management Skills, Excel and Auto CAD skills
- Technical: Software proficiency in Outlook, Word, Power Point,
- Functional: Familiarity with and experience in applying Six Sigma / Lean Methodologies (qualified Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Belt preferred)
- Functional: Understanding of change management and improvement principles, TPS, TPM, 5S, VSM, Hoshin, Kaizen and be confident operating from a detailed process level through strategy development
- Functional: Demonstrated skills must include strong written and oral communication, team building, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution, leadership, motivation, systems and process development / deployment, administration and change management.
- Functional: Tenacious, logical and pragmatic self-starter.
- Functional: Strong influencing and persuasive skills with the ability to effect changes.
- Functional: Naturally analytical approach, utilizing data and measure of quality, cost, delivery to drive tangible improvement benefits.
- Manage engineering projects on North America Supply Chain (North Americas SCM) and supplier site driving: Increase yield, reduced operational costs, increased efficiencies and reporting accuracies.
- Owndocumentation and timely updates for site floor layouts and overall logisticsflow
- Capital Equipment purchase, installation and project management including ROI justification and selection / installation of new logistics equipment and technology
- Standardizationand process mapping of supplier and Supply Chain processes.
- Lead process engineering and equipment maintenance teams, including scheduled preventative maintenance and 24/7 downtime resolution for fully and partially automated logistics systems.
- Manage an operating budget of personal and equipment spend in excess of $6M annually
- Lead process design efforts to meet new business needs
- Support Supplier Management Team in quality cost and deliverygoals.
- Support Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts through useof Lean tools (5S, Kaizen facilitation,Visual Controls, Waste Identification)
- Support improvements in delivery, cost, quality, and productperformance metrics through equipment and process improvements
- Budget for current, expected, and potential expansions of operations.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top