Senior Manager DevOps Engineering
TheSenior Manager of DevOps Engineering will be an experienced manager with provenleadership skills to manage a global team of DevOps engineers and the abilityto drive cultural change in the organization. The successful candidate willhave a deep background and experience in Cloud technologies and building aDevOps culture. Partners cross-functionally in a highly agile-transforming environment,focused on efficient operation of daily activities, developer productivity andcontinuous improvement for automation, monitoring, and tools development. Thisrole will work collaboratively to design best practices for activities such ascontinuous integration, continuous delivery, automated deployment, applicationperformance monitoring, etc. Effectively collaborates with other members of theteam, customers and/or stakeholders to align work efforts, develop/executetactical plans that enable successful business operations while mindful of thelarger strategic direction.
- Be a cloud and DevOps Evangelist.
- Lead, manage and mentor a team ofDevOps Engineers working closely with development, QA and other product andinfrastructure teams in agile environment.
- Build and maintain a highperformance team through Performance management, mentoring, motivating andrecruiting.
- Own end-to-end availability andperformance of mission critical services and build automation to preventproblem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional serviceconditions.
- Passion for continuous integration,automatic deployments, and providing self-service tools and capabilities to thedevelopment teams.
- Must have an eye for new, usefultechnologies that challenge convention in meaningful and positive ways
- Work collaboratively and crossfunctionally to build and support cloud and DevOps adoption, culture creationand operational efficiencies in alignment with long-term organizational goals.
- Strong engineering and technologybackground
- Experience with Puppet, Chef,Ansible, Docker or similar technologies is a must
- Proven ability to work effectivelyin a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- At least two years of hands-on experienceof leading cloud operations; AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with acquiring, moving,processing, and reposing PII and sensitive data with the appropriate alerting,monitoring, auditing, and secure infrastructures.
- Experience of managing highly skilledsenior DevOps engineers is a must.
- Understanding of mobile andapplication performance tuning (all layers).
- Understanding of high availabilityarchitectures.
- Truly superb oral and writtencommunication skills
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top