Senior Fraud Analyst (Bilingual Preferred)
We are looking to add an integral member to our Fraud Management team that will investigate cases involving internal and external fraud. The Senior Fraud Analyst is responsible for applying data mining and analysis techniques to identify fraud trends across all domestic carriers and retail partners. This individual will utilize findings to recommend processes and/ or procedures to mitigate losses, as well as to engage law enforcement, where appropriate, to prosecute and realize asset recovery. The Senior Fraud Analyst will have demonstrated in past roles the ability to work effectively with limited supervision on fraud related tasks and projects, drive results, and build positive relationships with coworkers, customers and law enforcement.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of collaboration with other Fraud Analysts within Fraud Management and extensive involvement with multiple Program Management groups. The Senior Fraud Analyst will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, process improvement, the ability to challenge assumptions and consider alternative perspectives, is able to think quickly and perform in high-stress situations, and operate well in a strong team environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Use proactive analysis of new and existing fraud techniques, tactics, actors, tools, etc. to facilitate investigation into fraudulent transactions that circumvented existing controls
• Utilize analytical tools such as PowerPivot, Spotfire, R, Tableau, JMP, Splunk, etc. to identify outliers and discreet patterns while dealing with disparate data sources
• Ensure that cases are researched, documented and completed in accordance with departmental, regulatory and compliance reporting standards
• Evaluate investigative findings and draft clear and concise investigative reports
• Educate Program Management groups on investigative findings and potential vulnerabilities via Root Cause Analysis presentations
• Analyze periodic reporting and utilize investigative findings to develop new reports/modify existing reports
• Liaise with IT, Legal, Care and HR departments and wireless carriers regarding investigations
• Interact with all levels of law enforcement (including local, Federal and international agencies) as well as regulatory departments and outside counsel
• Testify in court when required
• Understand and quantify risks associated with new or proposed processes or procedural changes
• Determine fraud policies and adherence and communicate to appropriate segments of the organization when there are deviations from policies
• Provide fraud awareness training
• Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging fraud related practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in professional organizations
• Interest and willingness to mentor junior team members
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Here's what you'll bring to the team :
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Preference for multilingual candidates with mastery of Spanish, Portuguese and English.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 to 4 years' experience in a related role, preferably in a fraud investigation or quantitative analysis capacity with financial services, property/casualty insurance or corporate risk management
• Well-traveled or comfortable traveling to and working with different countries and cultures (LATAM, EU, etc.).
• This position requires experience interacting with local and federal law enforcement agencies and prior Fraud detection and or auditing experience
• Extensive analytic/ data mining experience and demonstrated ability to structure analysis to help identify root causes versus underlying symptoms and make solid recommendations for improvement
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills: Proficiency in MS or Oracle SQL, Excel and PowerPoint
• Robust problem solving skills are necessary
• Work independently with little guidance while still meeting objectives
• Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills are required
• Excellent reasoning and analytical skills
• CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) certification preferred
• Adjuster License preferred - Property & Casualty
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion's 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit www.asurion.com
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top