- Nashville, TN
Asurion's internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising seniors get a sneak peek into the technology world. Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The program will provide the intern with a unique strategic perspective, professional and personal development along the way, and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to allow the intern to make contributions throughout the summer through project work, presentations and networking. Are you ready to join our award-winning virtual internship?
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of virtual internship is 12 weeks from May 17 th to August 6 th , 2021.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology, product development and/or supply chain management.
- Exposure to senior leadership including, but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and team business case presentations.
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors, direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer.
Preferred Majors: Student must be pursuing Bachelor's or Master's Degree in: Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field, with a graduation date between August 2021 - May 2022
We are seeking a high caliber individual to work in the Global Security & Risk organization at Asurion. Asurion's Global Security & Risk organization provides 24 x 7 x 365 services to the enterprise. This position will afford the selected individual an opportunity to work effectively under limited supervision on security related tasks and projects, while driving results, and building positive relationships among various peers across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, the ability to challenge assumptions and consider alternative perspectives, think quickly and perform in high-stress situations, and operate well in a strong team environment. This individual will have a key role in supporting one or more of the following enterprise security services and programs, while gaining fundamental knowledge that will be of benefit to their growth in this field:
- Information Security Monitoring & Analysis
- Information Security Incident Response
- Investigations & Digital Forensics
- Vulnerability & Exposure Management
- Insider Threat & Threat Intelligence
- Information Security Automation & Development
- Prior internship, coursework or hands-on experience in the information security or related technology fields highly desirable, but not required
- Strong understanding of computers, operating systems, and basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic scripting or programming experience is a plus (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity in any of the following tools is desirable: SEIM Tools (Splunk, ArcSight, LogLogic, Elastic, etc.), HIDS / HIPS (TippingPoint, SourceFire, Snort, CheckPoint IPS, NetWitness, MIR) DLP (Symantec, ForcePoint, etc.), HIDS / HIPS, AV & endpoint management, network anti-malware (FireEye, Palo Alto), Forensic tools (EnCase, FTK, etc.)
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), time-management and organizational skills
- Resource will be expected to demonstrate initiative, ask questions, and engage with colleagues
- Must be able to function on a fast-paced and geographically dispersed team
- Performs analysis and response to security relevant alerts and events
- Collects, assesses, and reports upon relevant threat intelligence / actionable security information
- Assesses network traffic indicators of malicious activity
- Assists with investigations and litigation hold activity
- Identifies areas of procedural or technical improvement
- Other assignments as available
Back to top