SCM Planning Manager
- *SEEKING CANDIDATE WITH EXPERIENCE IN INVENTORY MANAGEMENT, DEMAND PLANNING & FORECASTING!!
The Manager, Supply ChainPlanning will lead a team responsible for global asset management andoptimization, including the planning and forecasting for phone and accessories.This position will be responsible for and manage planning and analysis of greaterthan $1 Billion (annual) of inventory, several thousand mobile handsets andcorresponding skus, both domestic and international supply chain issues, andall of Asurion’s direct fulfill clients. The Manager is responsible forminimizing inventory levels and equipment costs while maintaining aggressiveservice level targets. The Manager will plan and determine the flow of salvageproduct both internally and externally and will work cross-functionally withthe global procurement team to develop build and buy plans for all new andrefurbished products.
The Manager will assist in theshort and long-term strategic direction for all aspects of supply chainplanning and for developing and leading planning/procurement-related analysis,including plans to drive profitability through increased production ofremanufactured equipment. The Manager will be responsible for creatingand promoting synergy among all operational groups of the global supply chain,and primarily does this by influencing the SCM senior staff, to ensuredepartmental results are delivered in accordance with the Supply Chain Planningstrategic plan and Company Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Devise short and long range plans and develop, maintain and improveupon best in class performance in forecasting, inventory levels, servicelevels, and E&O expense for entire supply chain
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management ofstrategic tactical demand planning processes and systems for an annualinventory spend in excess of over $1 billion and several thousand SKU’s acrossmultiple sites, domestic and international
- Lead and manage the Planning and Analysis team providing strategicmetrics and goals, performance feedback and coaching to help the team meettheir requirements
- Lead and influence in a highly matrixed environment and havesignificant interaction with functional teams such as Procurement, ClientServices, Risk Management, Finance, Legal, Operations and 3rd party suppliersat all levels
- Devise Supply Chain Planning strategy and collaborate withProcurement and Finance to develop plans, both long-term and short-term, andreporting, to optimize equipment costs while maintaining customer experience(like-for-like, fill rate, etc.)
- Build and maintain communication channels among all operationalgroups within the supply chain through information sharing, thought leadership,and tactical and strategic planning
- Deliver analysis and data on supply chain performance (forplanning and procurement – inventory levels, equipment costs, etc.)
- Drive actions to increase profitability through managing allaspects of the phone lifecycle
- Leadership building and development with large teams, domestic andforeign
- Strong ability to move between tactical and strategic aspects ofbusiness
- Proven ability to set direction, clearly articulate a strong pointof view and influence others
- Exceptional financial and analytical skills, including deepknowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Proven experience managing annual inventory spends in excess of $1billion and SKUs in excess of 5k
- Knowledge of Asurion operations highly preferred
- High energy and a desire to work in aresults-oriented, fast growth environment
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solvingand comfort with ambiguity
- Able to assess a variety of information, drawsimilarities and compile actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence executive leadership
- Able to coach and mentor others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience, preferably inSupply Chain management or global procurement
- BS Supply Chain Management or other technical/mathematical field
- MBA with quantitative background or other AdvancedDegree Preferred
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top