Risk Business Analyst 3
The Senior Business Analyst will provide operational insight, loss analysis, financial modeling, and forecasting to improve the profitability of whole home programs. Additionally, he/she will assist in pricing and product development strategies for new business opportunities.
- Become subject matter expert (SME) on underwriting performance for a portfolio of whole home extended service plan products and programs.
- Prepare reporting and communicate product performance, trend analysis, and identify risks and opportunities to internal and external clients.
- Assist in developing the annual operating plans (AOP) for responsible accounts; perform analysis of key program metrics and investigate and communicate variances to the plan.
- Generate reports and analyses and interpret and communicate results to sales, product development, operations, and business development teams in order to create profitable growth strategies for the company’s ESC portfolio.
- Evaluate business case and trend analyses of existing programs, products, and operational processes and collaborate cross-functionally to implement associated changes that will drive additional operating income or operational efficiencies.
- Assist in development of insurance premiums for program enhancements and new product/client launches; work with internal teams and external underwriting partners to implement changes that meet aggressive deadlines and fulfill multiple parties’ financial goals.
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance or other quantitative field.
- 3-5 years of experience performing quantitative data analyses and creative problem solving with demonstrated improved financial or operational metrics as a result.
- Self-motivated individual with strong desire to innovate or challenge the status quo.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building consensus and nurturing cross-functional relationships.
- Well organized, with excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and data communication and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency in MS Excel
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Service Contract industry or related knowledge is a plus
- Financial modeling and pricing experience
- Knowledge of statistical methods
Back to top