Product Manager Intern (New Services)
As a partner to leading carrier, retail, and OEM companies,we have grown our white-labeled solutions to a subscriber base in the hundredsof millions. With product offerings that offer personalized support, we areembarking on new strategic projects that will enhance our existing productlines or explore greenfield opportunities in new channels. Though Asurion'srevenue is largely tied to the base insurance product, this team's focus is tofind the next large revenue stream.
We are a privately held company with a healthymulti-billion USD annual revenue stream which enables us to focus on long termcustomer and client value. You will effectively determine that value and beworking in a "startup" within a large company.
Roles and Responsibility:
As a Product Management Intern, you will either have end-to-endownership on defining one product enhancement or find the next multi-milliondollar opportunity that intersects the consumer need, channel priorities, andour growing core competencies. You will also be working on very visibleprojects and cross-functionally influence Executive stakeholders and CorporateStrategy/Development peers. Your development team across US and Asia allows youto have 24-hours of continuous development to rapidly engineer concepts. Thecurrent set of solutions span everything from the Connected Home/IoT toIdentity, and we're looking for ambitious Product people who deal well withambiguity and want to re-define how industry approaches problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving a team of talented Technical Leads and Designers to predict and resolve pain points across the customer lifecycle through the creation of a deep empathy with consumers, client and their own product vision & key performance indicators.
- Quickly assess market opportunities and competitive landscape to generate Product Vision, Strategy and Tenets which culminate in a differentiated compelling, motivating narrative for our Development Teams and Stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Developing 'MVP Tests' to prove (or disprove) your hypotheses and demonstrate a 'Test & Learn' mindset within your Product Team.
- Apply analytical rigor to sufficiently instrument tests and synthesize quantitative and qualitative results and insights to iterate in rapid two-week sprint and release cycles.
- Navigate and prioritize the numerous Product development paths with a framework and corresponding justification.
- Work with external third parties (when necessary) to assess partnership and licensing opportunities.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to cross-functionally influence at an Executive, managerial level, as well as a front line team level
Qualifications (You are the right applicant if…)
- Bachelor's Degree required; currently pursuing your MBA Degree
- You have worked in a consumer Internet company or MBB consulting firm; start-up or intrapreneurial experience preferred
- You have 1 years of product development experience, such as program or engineering management or engineering
- Technical background as an Engineer, a Designer or both and are able to speak the language of technology is a plus
- You get excited by utilizing data to make decisions and measure success
- You enjoy leading teams and people like working with you
- You are comfortable communicating complex business and technical issues and have executive presence
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your product endeavors and can structure a business case with preliminary financial model
- You have strong empathy for your customers
- 0-10% domestic/international travel required
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top