Product Engineering Technician - Major Appliance Product Engineering
Asurion, the global leader in technology support and protection. Innovation and dedication to delighting customers has made it the preferred provider of technology protection to the world's largest wireless carriers, trusted retailers and popular device manufacturers. Asurion's 17,000 global employees support its 280 million consumers with an award-winning experience delivered through products and services that have set the standard in the industry.
The position will be responsible for technical analysis on Major Appliance (Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Stoves) products and parts, specific to aspects of product issue diagnosis, repairability and repair work instruction, testing, and failure analysis.
Technical analysis will be required any time there is a new OEM product added to Asurion's repair portfolio or new product repair channels. The technician will coordinate with colleagues within the Product Engineering, Quality, Training and Field Operations departments to ensure best repair practices, tools, and techniques are established.
Developing and maintaining best in class repair analysis, testing process and associated reporting requirements. This will entail collaboration with internal Product Engineering and Quality teams to align with and improve on Asurion standards.
II. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering evaluations on various Major Appliance product and OEMs, specifically related to diagnosis and repair.
- Create technical reports to maintain records of all testing completed.
- Develop best practice techniques and equipment recommendations based on Pareto issue data
- Collaborate on development of required tools list for product repair portfolio.
- Support Product and Quality Engineering in developing work instructions and field bulletins
- Assist with other departments to help them with technical support as part of their overall project assignments and activities.
- Maintain records related to department work instructions, process enhancements, OEM standards, and quality improvements.
- Field Operations staff
- Training staff
- Quality staff
- Global Engineering and technical support staff
- Good oral and written communication skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Technical writing skills beneficial
- Working knowledge of electronics and associated components beneficial
- Understanding of manufacturing methods beneficial
- Proficient with database reporting tools a plus
VI. Education Guidelines:
Associates degree in Engineering Technology or technical certification preferred
VII. Experience Guidelines:
Major Appliance manufacturing, quality, or lab testing experience required
VIII. Reports to:
Manager, Product Engineerin