Product Engineer II
The Product Engineer II will fill a key role within the Global ProductEngineering organization. This position will have primary responsibility forvarious projects required by the Supply Chain, including but not limited to:improvement to AEC (Average Equipment Cost), cost reduction programs,anti-counterfeiting of components, evaluation and implementation of technology(mobile device, tables, accessories, and power related accessories.
The position will assist in driving Engineering projects through datadriven decisions, solid scientific methodologies, excellent documentation,project planning / execution and analytics. This individual will be responsiblefor a wide range of activities to include: project management, processdevelopment, research, test method analysis and development, full documentationwhile working with other departments locally and globally.
The candidate must be customer centric and self-sufficient and be ableto balance the demands of delivering results in the short term while helpingsteer the Company in delivering on its long-term technology model.
- Lead projects to introduce product/processenhancements within TLC/TCP operations and tier 1 suppliers. Controllingengineering and project management activities for all stages of the stage gateprocess.
- Contribute to/Participate on senior engineer ledprojects to implement key business initiatives within the Supply ChainManagement group.
- Develop testing methods and standards used toestablish OEM specifications
- Support Operations led projects to improveprocess performance, cost, or quality by making decisions regarding suggestedchanges to the product/process specifications resulting from these projects.
- Research new equipment and methods needed toproduce the long and short term goals of the company as it relates totechnology and processes. Prepare standardwork documents and report on yield enhancements resulting from new methods.
- Process engineering evaluations to validatecomponents against original equipment manufacturing (OEM) standards.
- Create technical data sheets to establishspecifications for mobility products. Incorporating ANSI, ISO, Industry, and company standards.
- Develop project plans and execute to deliver tothe overall objective within the timeframe and budget constraints as defined inthe business plan.
- Maintain all engineering records related toprocess enhancements, OEM standards, and component quality improvements.
Key Stakeholders /Interfacing Contacts:
- Operations managers, supervisors and productionstaff
- Quality staff
- Engineers and technical support staff
- Process engineering staff
- Strategic Initiatives
- Sourcing and Supplier management
- Project management skills
- Basic knowledge of Statistics
- Understanding of various aspects of Productdesign, improvement or interaction(that may include design, assembly, repair orpart refurbishment)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word,& Excel)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of electronics and associatedcomponents beneficial
- Understanding of manufacturing methodsbeneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Access a plus
- Proficient with computer aided design (CAD) aplus
- Lean/Six sigma knowledge a plus
- Safety Awareness (actively look for and thinkabout potential line-of-fire and balance/traction/grip situations and actaccordingly)
- Teamwork / Collaboration (works effectively withthe team or those outside formal line of authority to accomplish organizationalgoals; takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others;contributes to and accepts the consensus)
- Planning and Organizing / Work Management(establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specificgoal)
- Judgment / Problem Solving (commits to an actionafter developing alternative courses of action that are based on logicalassumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources,constraints, and organizational values)
- Customer service/Results oriented (exhibitscustomer focused results based mentality)
- Quality/Continuous improvement (actively lookfor and think about better methods that can be applied to job responsibilitiesto improve results or reduce the amount of time required)
- Action Orientated (deals with problems as theyarise in a timely fashion; spots and acts on opportunities)
- Quick learner (up to speed quickly when facedwith new problems; seeks new approaches when traditional methods fail)
- Perseverance (handles resistance and pushes tocompletion; tenacity to keep trying) Creativity (shares ideas; challengestraditional methods)
- Time management (identifies the more importantpriorities and concentrates efforts there; can attend to a broader range ofactivities; can make quick decisions under pressure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, ManufacturingEngineering Technology, or equivalent experience required.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering degreepreferred.
- Minimum four years’ time in Product Engineerrole or equivalent experience.
- Project leadership experience is a significantplus
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top