Process Automation Developer Intern
Looking for exposure to severalcollaboration and/or process automation technologies? Unsure what technology you want to specializein but know you want to write code and develop business processes? If you answered 'yes' to any of the questionsabove, then continue reading!
Asurion's Process Automation (PAS)team is looking for a summer intern who is excited about learning and tryingout new technologies. We need atechnically minded individual who has great analytical and problem solvingskills and the ability to implement them as well. Here, you'll get to work with Microsoft'sSharePoint 2013, Service Now, and potentially Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Onlineor any of the Atlassian products.
You'll be a member of a fun-lovingand hard-working team. You'll enjoyworking but also feel challenged and accomplished. After the 40 week internship ends, you shouldhave been exposed to many different enterprise technologies and should gainedskills to work in any.
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protectionindustry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions toenable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacyand provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged ormalfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies,retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses andto provide services that delight their customers. Asurion's 17,000 employeesworldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 290 millionconsumers. For more information about Asurion, including customer serviceratings and reviews that help drive continuous improvement, please visit www.asurion.com.
The ProcessAutomation Developer role works with our internal customers throughout theorganization. The position is part of the larger department of Tech Ops andEnterprise Technology Services. The Process Automation Developer will have theopportunity to work with several different platforms and frameworks. Primary technologies will be eitherSharePoint 2013 and/or Service Now. Youwill work directly with business process owners, stakeholders and TechnicalAnalysts to define IT services, proactively identify, develop, and build-inprocess improvement opportunities and manage the service into production. Thisposition requires excellent facilitation skills, an exceptional processimprovement background and superb time-management skills.
Throughout the 10-week, 40hr/week internship, the Internwill work with industry professionals and will receive training/guidance fromthese professionals on a weekly basis. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunitiesfor fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or arelated field is required
- Goodwritten and verbal communication skills and ability to provide deliverables intime sensitive projects.
- A strongmind for visualizing, creating, illustrating, and discussing complex businessprocess flow
- Proficient in one ormore programming language i.e. C#/.NET/Angular JS/Java
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies like Amazon AWS andMicrosoft Azure is a great plus
- Basic SQL,PL/SQL and database development skills with exposure to SQL or anything otherdatabase.
- Project management or software development lifecycle skillsbeneficial
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to resolvetechnological problems
- Business requirements analysis
- Big plus if you have developed under the .NET Framework
- Experience integrating with web services (publishing or consuming)
- Shows a strong attention to development detail,produces high-quality code.
- Knowledge of the standard concepts, practices, andprocedures with strong attention to detail regarding the application of changesto mission critical systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills withexcellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong internal customer service skills,ability to use tact and diplomacy, and to work effectively within a team(positive, process oriented).
- Enthusiasm forproblem solving and risk analysis.
- Good understandingof requirements analysis and documentation and data process flows.
- Proficient inMicrosoft Suite Office.
- Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- The Process Automation Developerwill be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing applications builton either the SharePoint 2013 and/or Service Now platform.
- Creates, monitors, modifies, andpublishes system solutions and workflows with approvals.
- Conducts post-development testingand UAT signoff for release cycles from the teams
- Creates reports and provides dataanalysis to support the program, processes and services.
- Configuration/Customization of thesystems including workflows, forms, scripts, or code
- Receives specifications from thecustomer and delivers a product/release that meets the needs presented.
- Articulates technical conceptsusing easily understandable business language
- Researches, develops, and deploysall necessary artifacts for successful solution launches
- Performs System and integrationtesting with sample/live data with dev teams
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top