Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
Asurion's Enterprise Data Services (EDS) team is building an enterprise data platform (named ATLAS) leveraging the latest and greatest data technologies available. Built exclusively in the AWS cloud, the ATLAS platform utilizes technologies such as Informatica, Redshift, S3, Denodo, Spotfire, Presto and HIVE among many others. As THE enterprise data platform for Asurion, ATLAS will serve a variety of data needs, spanning core functionality like data cleansing, data standardization and KPI generation to reach functionality such as data discovery, data visualization and customer recommendation engines. On a day to day basis, team members are challenged to think creatively and leverage their data experience to solve tough data and analytics problems in ways that will
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for the execution and delivery of cloud based data solutions. You will play a key role in the successful delivery of capabilities as part of a larger enterprise data transformation effort. As a Principal Engineer you are expected to be skilled in enterprise solution design and delivery, cross team collaboration and working with on-shore or off-shore resources to accomplish the assigned delivery track.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be engaged in designing / implementing new capabilities in support of predictive analytics.
- Facilitate cross-functional solutions and actively work with other teams in delivery of a scalable solution.
- Provides mentoring and technical leadership to developers in the technologies used.
- Work closely with leads, architects, scrum masters and leadership to ensure alignment.
- Collaborates with other teams to address upstream and downstream integration dependencies via services and SLA's
- Demonstrates broad technical expertise and able to contribute to establishing the overall solution.
- Drives the technical vision and strategic direction of technology with input from business teams, development, and IT Support.
- Understands multisystem security policies and guidelines
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Sr. Manager, internal Business, and Project Stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Masters Degree preferred
- 10 Years of experience in designing and developing enterprise scale applications, preferably data processing applications, platforms
- 6 Years of strong programming experience (writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C , Python)
- 4 Years of experience in designing and developing AWS solutions
- 4 years Experience in columnar and nosql databases – Redshift, DynamoDB, CrateDB, MongoDB or Casandra
- 4 years Experience in Hadoop, Apache Spark centric stack and distributions such as Cloudera/AWS EMR
- 4 years Experience in relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, PostreSQL)
- Experience in handling JSON & XML Processing at large scale
- Experience in Linux shell scripting, python
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with high-volume transaction or data systems
- Experience executing multiple full release cycles.
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies such as Agile.
- Advanced understanding of open source software development tools and solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, high level of technical and team leadership skills.
- Experience in designing and developing fault tolerant self-healing solutions
- Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- Informatica PowerCenter, ICS, BDE
- Event Driven Orchestration
- Integration with REST services
- Object Oriented Programming and Meta Driven development
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top