Principal Data and Analytics Architect
Seeking a Principal Data Architect to drive data architecture, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, deep learning and associated governance practice in the enterprise. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Data Architecture and Analytics Strategy. The position is responsible for the overall design of the Asurion’s enterprise information architecture, across all data types (structured, semi-structured and unstructured), balancing the need for access against security and performance requirements. The incumbent will drive enterprise information requirements: strategy, design, access, usage and stewardship and promote Enterprise Data Management practices. This is a forward thinking role for someone who could innovate and develop technologies for Asurion’s future needs.
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers. Asurion’s 16,000 employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our architects and engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
We’re looking for a Principal Data Architect who is passionate about data and analytics, has a love for solving hard business problems, and enjoys learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
The principal data architect will help lead Asurion in defining the strategies, roadmaps and solutions to harness the value of data and analytics. This role is critical in leading the organizational transformation in the cloud data platforms and advance analytics domains.
The role will:
- Define the strategy & roadmap for analytics and evangelize the vision to the organization.
- Design, document and lead the implementation of software and systems to help ensure optimal implementation of the enterprise data & analytics technology stack for prescriptive & predictive analytics.
- Spearhead innovation in futuristic technologies such as deep learning, cognitive intelligence, and artificial intelligence.
- Work in conjunction with Infrastructure, Dev Ops, Security and Engineering groups to drive the strategy to provide stable, secure and enterprise-class data-lake and real-time analytics systems.
- Design highly-available data lake architectures, utilizing IaaS and PaaS, for large scale, mission critical applications and high-performance-computing (HPC) workloads.
- Provide guidance to the organization in the form of reference architectures, guidance principles, and proof of concept and reference implementations for cloud based data platforms and advance analytics tools and technologies.
- Work closely with project architects to align the projects’ architectural direction with domain roadmaps, standards and reference architectures.
- Work with cross-functional departments and delivery teams to ensure that they understand the prescribed direction. Oversee the execution of key architectural initiatives within this domain.
- Hands-on in the delivery of enterprise data-lake on AWS and the required solutions to meet enterprise analytic and business intelligence needs.
- Lead design and implementation new capabilities in support of Provide guidance to other developers in the technologies being assessed and used. Assist Management with the training and mentoring of the team members.
- Collaborate with other teams to address upstream and downstream integration dependencies via services and SLA’s
- Demonstrate technical leadership and ability to contribute to establishing the overall solution direction.
- Be self-starters with the initiative and enthusiasm to learn new tools & technologies within the Hadoop eco system and AWS platform in a quick paced ever-changing environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Asurion’s applications and system integration..
- Lead presenter in Architecture Review Board (ARB) Process
- Evaluate and/or lead Product Evaluation Matrix (PEM) development
Experience and Educational Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field required
- 8 years experience in architecture or relevant Technology discipline required, including 4 years software development, system architecture, and/or system administration
- Architecture experience in defining the outline for a team-wide development
- Experience with defining and implementing the release process
- Experience with Architecture patterns and practices (ex. Web architectures, cloud computing, data architecture)
- Knowledge of theory and Principals of project management desired
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Architecture practices
- Understand DevOps principals and work with the team to implement automation and continuous integration.
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable and performant data solutions on Hadoop or Java/J2EE stack.
- Experience with a variety of Hadoop tools such as Hive, Presto, Flume, Storm, Kafka, Spark
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions and technologies preferably Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies and tools ie. Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, Redshift
- Experience with deep learning techniques such as neural networks, convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Experience with cognitive learning technologies such as IBM Watson
- Hands on relational database experience (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) is beneficial
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a quickly changing environment
- Experience with high-volume data systems
- Experience working within an Agile delivery system
- Advanced understanding of open source software development tools and solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with open source solutions.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Director, Innovation
Vincent analyzes each step of a customer’s journey to tweak processes and technology solutions. He considers the entire customer relationship, as well as how employees factor in.
Back to top