Technical Support & Sales Representative
For more than 25 years, Asurion has been a leader in innovation, not only in the tech solutions industry, but in creating a culture where employees feel valued.
We help people do more with their technology and stay connected on all their devices. We provide our customers with simple, helpful advice to get the most from their technology, assistance to fix any technology issues they have and protection of their devices to ensure they quickly get a replacement or repair if anything does go wrong.
What you will be doing:
As a Technical Support and Sales Representative, you will provide exceptional customer and technical support on the phone or via messages through our website, chat, and/or e-mail, in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. After assessing the customers concerns, you will then identify and arrange solutions.
The starting pay rate is $18.80.
You will explain device capabilities and other product offerings. You will engage with the customer to understand their technology and sell protection/tech support solutions.
You will be responsible for selling our Connected Home product and other offerings to customers on every call. You will engage with the customer to understand their technology and sell protection/tech support solutions. You will Serve, Solve and Sell!
Technical Support and Sales Representatives have a passion for selling services & solving problems!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot technical issues for our customers personal devices; evaluate concerns and issues, identify, and deploy solutions, and help customers with troubleshooting steps
- Learn details of protect home and other product offerings to sell to customers confidently and accurately
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Meet metrics for call measurements and sales goals; receive feedback/coaching/training from the management team including Trainers, Quality Analysts, etc.
- Utilize call center technology to input, track, and report customer issues
- Navigate company software programs, use web-based search engines, and troubleshoot customer issues
- Escalate calls outside the scope to appropriate tier of customer service support
- Understand the latest bugs and solutions in newly released hardware and/or operating systems to provide exceptional, knowledgeable service
- Follows directives from Call Center Management (Coaches, Managers, etc.)
- Ability to be highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Work to improve performance and exceed goals to maximize earning potential
- Maintains excellent relations with all internal and external customers of Asurion
- Interacts and assists with others on the team and various support functions, including Quality, Tech Leads, Training, etc.
- The ability to quickly adapt in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Other duties as assigned
Here's what you'll bring to the team:
- Have a working knowledge (or the ability to learn) multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including: Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, wireless technology, wireless equipment, and applications
- Be able to handle multiple priorities, work in a dynamic environment, and manage time effectively
- Be an excellent communicator, with an emphasis on effective listening and empathizing with customers
- Must be able to understand, identify, and sell new products and solutions based on customer needs
- Must be able to pass a hiring assessment, covering soft skill scenario modeling, business decisions, and product knowledge
- Must be self-disciplined and work without close supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 6 months of sales experience
- 1-year of customer service experience
- The physical asks described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to effectively perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust attention, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position. Typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication utilizing a headset. The employee will regularly talk 90+% of the time via a headset.
- Brick/Mortar locations - Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Regularly requires working with others and sharing workspaces. The noise level in the Call Center is that of an office environment and will rise significantly during peak hours.
- Training - Routine training classes are offered during the employee lifecycle. Training may consist of classroom and/or Computer based training (CBT).
- Schedules - Must be flexible to work all shifts (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Pay- Hourly pay during training/residency
- Attendance - Regular and reliable attendance
We take care of you (benefits/perks):
- Competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid time off
- Continuing education support
- Ongoing training to grow your skills
- Earning potential of $550 level up bonus and $10 per sale
Asurion helps people protect, connect, and enjoy the latest tech - to make life a little easier. Every day our 19,500 experts help nearly 300 million people around the world solve the most common and uncommon tech issues. We're just a call, tap, click, or visit away for everything from getting a same-day replacement of your smartphone, to helping you stream or connect with no buffering, bumps or bewilderment. We think you should stay connected and get the most from the tech you love... no matter the type of tech or where you purchased it.