Payment Fraud Manager
This position will work cross-functionally with IT, Customer Care, Subscriber Billing, and Legal/Regulatory to create and develop innovative proactive approaches to mitigating fraud. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in complex problem solving, ability to challenge assumptions, consider alternative perspectives, perform in high-stress situations, and operate well in a collaborative environment. This role will primarily focus of combating fraud in the payment space, but will also play an integral role in Asurion’s overall fraud strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new fraud strategies in the payment space.
- Perform as the subject matter expert in identifying new and potential threats in the payment environment. Able to succinctly define threats and provide countermeasures to prevent compromises and losses.
- Internal thought leader, identifying and evaluating opportunities to mitigate fraudulent behavior.
- Expertise in identifying charge back causation and prevention through data analytics
- Utilization of analytical tools such as PowerPivot, Spotfire, R, JMP, etc.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; T-SQL querying experience strongly preferred
- Robust business acumen and communication skills appropriate to working at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impacts of change.
- Ability to anticipate problems, opportunities, and the initiative to pursue solutions.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of analysts with diverse skill sets
- Knowledge and understanding of Payment Card Industry (PCI) controls
- Strong technical aptitude and experience in bank card operations and payment systems
- The role will require robust analytics, advanced problem solving skills, and the ability to clearly articulate ideas not only verbally, but also through high quality presentations.
- Very explicit and concise writing
- Ability to explain difficult technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to apply mathematical and statistical principles in problem solving
- Gathers evidence through research
- Quantitative thinker
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
- 2 – 5 years’ work experience in insurance, information technology, fraud, cyber security or banking with considerable experience in payment processing or fraud
- Extensive and proven experience of industry knowledge for multi-channel gateway, acquiring, accepting and issuing payment businesses. Possess detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends within payment risk management.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Adjuster License – Property & Casualty (applicant will be required to sit for the exam)
- This position may require travel 5% of time
Back to top