Operations Engineer Intern
ATOC– Asurion Technology Operations Center Analyst – Intern
The OperationsEngineer intern will be part of the Global Asurion Technology Operations Center(ATOC). The ATOC organization owns and protects the production environment ofthe company. Their main roles will bemanaging Incidents and Events, and executing Releases. They will be primarily responsible for themanagement of all Incidents within the IT environment from detection throughresolution. In certain circumstances, they will also manage and coordinatecritical incidents through the guidance of their shift lead.
- Monitorevents within the global IT environment through timely escalation of alertswhich have exceeded critical thresholds to the global support teams to avertimpactful incidents
- Managethe ATOC’s electronic mailbox by timely responding to inquiries, incidentreports, and other pertinent communications sent to it
- Effectivelyrelay important incident updates to the global IT support teams via instantmessages through the ATOC chat room or via email.
- Performdaily operational duties as part of the IT organization’s “keep the businessrunning” (KTBR) activities
- Assistin the setup and coordination of conference bridges to accommodate IT support personnelfor Change & Release calls, Incident Bridges, Business /Management Bridgesand other auxiliary calls as maybe required by the business
- Actas primary contact in the coordination, triage and management of minor andmajor incidents from detection through resolution
- Escalateincidents and alerts to the appropriate Tier-2 and Tier-3 teams
- Beable to step in to coordinate, triage and manage critical incidents when calledupon
- Handleinbound phone calls to the global operations center and trigger the incidentand event management procedures as needed
- MonitorApplication Performance Monitoring and Infrastructure Monitoring tools forevents and incidents, including exceeded critical thresholds to proactivelyprevent incidents or to resolve incidents in a timely manner.
- Performdocumented triage and mitigation action for event management alerts.
- PerformLevel 1 documented triage and mitigation actions for application, network,database and other IT support area events.
- PerformLevel 1 request for IT enterprise support groups.
- PerformLevel 1 deployments for IT enterprise support groups.
- PerformLevel 1 Request For Change (RFC) reviews
- Solidanalytical skills
- Solidinterpersonal, communications, organizational and time management skills
- Strongself-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ableto work in an extremely fast paced environment
Back to top