Summary: The primary responsibility of the OpsEngineer is to designprocesses and systems supporting new business initiatives within the Asurionsupply chain organization that delivers competitive advantage. Ops Engineer will also lead and executeexpansion projects to improve operational performance and to maintain logisticsequipment for North America Supply Chain Operations. Will work closely with operations andmaintenance to assure facility is operating well and while troubleshooting anyproblems. Will also serve as the directliaison between Product Engineering and operations for the delivery and deploymentof new initiatives. The scope of responsibilitywill be on both TLC specific and Asurion-wide improvement projects that relateto Supply Chain. Projects might include support to corporate initiatives.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (i.e. EE, ME, IE, QE) Required
- 5 years of operations/site Reliability Engineering experience in fast-paced environments
- 5 years of hands-on Engineering Management experience
- Experience in Logistics or Manufacturing Industry preferred
- Core and Leadership: Translating organizational priorities into actionable plans, leading changes and innovation, customer champion managing functional alignment, driving results, problem solving and decision making, optimizing talent, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, displaying leadership change, divine discontent, intellectual horsepower and learning agility, demonstrating credibility and influence.
- Technical: Strong Project Management Skills, Excel and Auto CAD skills
- Technical: Software proficiency in Outlook, Word, Power Point,
- Functional: Familiarity with and experience in applying Six Sigma / Lean Methodologies (qualified Green Belt / Black Belt / Master Black Belt preferred)
- Functional: Understanding of change management and improvement principles, TPS, TPM, 5S, VSM, Hoshin, Kaizen and be confident operating from a detailed process level through strategy development
- Functional: Demonstrated skills must include strong written and oral communication, team building, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution, leadership, motivation, systems and process development / deployment, administration and change management.
- Functional: Tenacious, logical and pragmatic self-starter.
- Functional: Strong influencing and persuasive skills with the ability to effect changes.
- Functional: Naturally analytical approach, utilizing data and measure of quality, cost, delivery to drive tangible improvement benefits.
- Manage engineering projects on North America Supply Chain (North Americas SCM) and supplier site driving: Increased yield, reduced operational costs, increased efficiencies and reporting accuracies.
- Supportthe preparation of documentation andtimely updates for site floor layouts and overall logistics flow
- Support Capital Equipment purchase, installation and project management including ROI justification and selection / installation of new logistics equipment and technology
- Lead process design efforts and teams to meet new business needs
- Support Supplier Management Team in quality cost and deliverygoals.
- Support Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts through useof Lean tools (5S, Kaizen facilitation,Visual Controls, Waste Identification)
- Support improvements in delivery, cost, quality, and productperformance metrics through equipment and process improvements
- Manage calibration program and processes to support ISOcertification
- Maintain understanding of key technical competencies for theindustry both internal and external to Asurion.
- Establish TLC as center of excellence for new technologydeployed while sharing best practices across the globe.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top