Operations Engineer 2
- This position isresponsible for providing guidance and support for Asurion's Nashville andsurrounding areas Data Center mission-critical infrastructure.
- Primary dutieswill include complete span of control over all mechanical electrical plant(MEP) and fire. This position will provide oversight for installation andpreventative maintenance of MEP systems and equipment, plus prepare systemscapacity analysis reports for the entire Enterprise technology space portfolio.
- Coordinating withthe Critical Systems Support Sr. Manager to identify opportunities to enhancereliability and minimize risks related to Asurion's critical infrastructureacross the entire portfolio of technology spaces.
- Ensure accurateand timely reporting of critical infrastructure capacity, site utilization andoverall operational performance.
- Coordinate withthe Critical Systems Support Sr. Manager, IT Change Management and appropriatebusiness units and site personnel, to ensure that construction activity in"production" environments is performed correctly and without risk.
- Providecoordination for all vendors, partners, engineering or manufacturerepresentatives providing critical infrastructure operations services toAsurion technology spaces.
- Review selectionsof data center MEP equipment for completeness, accuracy, and appropriatenessand make recommendations for approval or alternative selections.
- Provide inputinto the critical infrastructure design, build, preventative maintenance, eventand commissioning process.
- Provide projectmanagement support for operation and maintenance of critical infrastructure inthe areas of mechanical, electrical, plant and fire suppression systems
- Manage andmaintain critical infrastructure documentation, specifically within the focusareas of mechanical, electrical, plant operations and fire suppression systems.The successful candidate will ensure all documentation adheres to companypolicies, industry standards and best practices.
- Associate Degreeor journeyman status in mechanical or electrical field along with 5 years'experience installing or supporting data center MEP critical systems isstrongly preferred.
- Superior writing,editing, and communication skills.
- 5-10 years'experience in a technology space/ data center environment
- Strong knowledgeof mission critical power systems i.e. the power path from generator throughrack-based equipment.
- Excellent writtenand verbal communication skills, coupled with excellent customer serviceexecution focus would be a key plus
- Competency inMicrosoft Office, Visio and other reporting applications will be a keyrequirement
- Work on weekends,evenings, and non-traditional hours will be part of the job environment.Candidate will be expected to respond to emergency conditions on an ad-hocbasis.
- Some travel willbe required on a quarterly, or as needed basis.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top