Operations Engineer 1
- Shift is OVERNIGHT, 6pm-6:30am, 12.5 hour shifts
4 days on, 3 days off, then 3 days on, 4 days off
- Shift is not flexible
Operations Engineer 1
The ATOC Level 1 Analyst will be part of theGlobal Asurion Technology Operations Center (ATOC). The ATOC organization ownsand protects the production environment of the company. Their main roles willbe managing Incidents and Events, and executing Releases. They will beprimarily responsible for the management of all Incidents within the ITenvironment from detection through resolution. In certain circumstances, theywill also manage and coordinate critical incidents through the guidance oftheir shift lead.
- Monitor eventswithin the global IT environment through timely escalation of alerts which haveexceeded critical thresholds to the global support teams to avert impactfulincidents
- Manage the ATOC'selectronic mailbox by timely responding to inquiries, incident reports, andother pertinent communications sent to it
- Effectively relayimportant incident updates to the global IT support teams via instant messagesthrough the ATOC chat room or via email.
- Perform dailyoperational duties as part of the IT organization's "keep the business running"(KTBR) activities
- Assist in thesetup and coordination of conference bridges to accommodate IT supportpersonnel for Change & Release calls, Incident Bridges, Business/Management Bridges and other auxiliary calls as maybe required by the business
- Act as primarycontact in the coordination, triage and management of minor and major incidentsfrom detection through resolution
- Escalateincidents and alerts to the appropriate Tier-2 and Tier-3 teams
- Be able to stepin to coordinate, triage and manage critical incidents when called upon
- Handle inboundphone calls to the global operations center and trigger the incident and eventmanagement procedures as needed
- MonitorApplication Performance Monitoring and Infrastructure Monitoring tools forevents and incidents, including exceeded critical thresholds to proactivelyprevent incidents or to resolve incidents in a timely manner.
- Performdocumented triage and mitigation action for event management alerts.
- Perform Level 1documented triage and mitigation actions for application, network, database andother IT support area events.
- Perform Level 1request for IT enterprise support groups.
- Perform Level 1deployments for IT enterprise support groups.
- Perform Level 1Request for Change (RFC) reviews
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top