Network Security Architect
Network Security Architect
The Network Architect is responsible for providing all design and build support for new projects and solutions within Asurion's Global Enterprise. This Network Architect will ensure that data networking solutions are continuously improved, supported, monitored and aligned with industry best practices and company standards; as well as emerging business requirements. Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure a sound network operations. Develop cost analysis models and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches. Demonstrate strong working knowledge of virtualization and SAN solutions in network, security and computing.
The Network Architect is the lead Networking subject matter expert in support of current network operations globally. In addition to functioning as a network SME, this position will have a focus on network security and will support both network operations and Asurion's security program acting as an advisor. Analyze and assess structure and behavior of existing network systems, including interior and exterior routing, communications links, QoS, multicast, traffic shaping, load balancing, tag switching, traffic compression and other core network systems. Design and verify security controls and best practices. Provide implementation, maintenance and planning support in connection with deployment/maintenance of network solutions. Lead the development of guidelines relating to all aspects of network operations support. Provide forth level support in connection with the resolution of major network issues. Using appropriate management, monitoring and analysis tools, provide technical examination of structure, performance and operation of individual network components, sub-networks or sub-systems as required. Provide support in the effort to maintain 100% accurate network documentation. Participate in security assessments, audits, and reviews. Maintain deep knowledge of technology capabilities and product roadmaps of major network vendors, specifically Cisco, F5 and Checkpoint.
- Strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align tasks/people/requirements for success in meeting the department goals
- Demonstrated understanding building secure networking environments for PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- Ability to provide training and mentoring to the network team members.
- Experience reviewing and designing networks using common security frameworks such as NIST, ISO, COBIT, etc.
- First hand design experience using security technologies from CheckPoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, and others.
- Deep understanding of routing in complex network environments using BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.
- Command of classical ethernet switching architecture with a focus on Cisco Nexus and Catalyst product lines.
- Broad understanding of other network technologies from companies such as RiverBed, InfoBlox, Solarwinds, Tipping Point, and others.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with Clients and other Asurion departments by representing the department as a respected ambassador.
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure projects are completed timely while supporting business needs.
- Ability to design cost-effective solutions with a value based approach to ensure objectives are met.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in the development and maintenance of documentation and network diagrams.
- Complete understanding of interior and exterior routing and switching protocols, DNS, DHCP, proxy functions (forward and reverse), security protocols (IPSec, SSL, etc.), time protocols (e.g. NTP), tag and label switching, real-time protocols for voice (Skinny, SIP, H.323, MGCP), etc. Thorough understanding of WAN communications protocols including MPLS, DWDM, OC carrier, BRI/PRI.
- Hardware: Cisco router/switch, F5, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Must demonstrate strong information organization and presentation skills, including to senior management and large audiences
- Demonstrable and consistent history of successful project engagements on an enterprise scale, preferably in the financial industry
- Must work well in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Travel (domestic/international) may at times be required for specific projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 7+ years of Core Networking Experience
- CISSP, CCIE Security, JNCIE-SEC, PCNSE or equivalent experience managing network security systems
- Expert skill in diagnosing, solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary
- Knowledge of theory and principles of project management
Asurion is one of the largest and fastest growing subscriber-based businesses in North America. We serve millions of wireless customers worldwide and are the industry leader in Handset Insurance Services, Warranty Management and Equipment Maintenance Services, Debt Protection, Mobile Applications and Roadside Assistance Services. We offer end-to-end solutions. We create it, develop it, sell it and service it. Asurion has been recognized as Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year and as the Association for Corporate Growth's Emerging Growth Company of the Year. To learn more about Asurion please see visit us at www.asurion.com/aboutus/aboutus.html
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top