Network Operations Engineer
The Network Ops Engineer 3 will be responsible for providing configuration and build support along with Level 3 and 4 incident support within Asurion’s Global Enterprise.
The Network Ops Engineer 3 will be:
- A key driver behind network operations service delivery optimization and service improvement
- Instrumental in the evaluation and development of technical risk mitigation plans
- A leader for standardization (platform and configuration)
- A mentor and leader for more junior operations engineers.
The Network Ops Engineer 3 is the lead Networking Engineer responsible for the delivery and implementation of current network operations globally. They will help to assess the behavior of existing network systems and implement new network standards and technologies, including interior and exterior routing, communications links, QoS, multicast, traffic shaping, load balancing, tag switching, traffic compression and other core network systems. Provide implementation, maintenance and planning support in connection with deployment/maintenance of network solutions. Provide documentation and as-built diagrams of network implementations. Provide third level support in connection with the resolution of major network issues. Provide support in the effort to maintain 100% accurate network documentation. Maintain deep knowledge of technology capabilities and product roadmaps of major network vendors, specifically Cisco, F5, InfoBlox, Checkpoint, Tipping Point and others.
- Minimum of 3 years (7 preferred) Network Operations support, with emphasis on network and telephony operations in large global corporations.
- Bachelor in Science/Engineering would be preferred.
- Cisco Switch/Router (Catalyst, Nexus)
- Load Balance (CSS,F5)
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Cisco ACS, NetMRI, Cascade
- MPLS, QoS, SIP, BGP
- Analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Works well under pressure of an outage/incident.
- Outgoing/Type A personality able to take lead during crisis event.
- Visionary/Tactical thinker, able to identify and delivery new tools, process which improve service delivery.
Back to top