Manager, SCM Global Business Processes
The Manager of Supply Chain Global Business Processes, as part of the global process team, is responsible for actively participating in the development and continuous improvement of global systems, policies, processes, and identifying opportunities to improve the application of existing and new processes as it pertains to Supply Chain and related Finance activities for Microsoft Dynamic 365.
The Manager, Global Business Process is responsible for understanding, documenting and shaping the global processes and systems related to a designated area or areas of specialization in Supply Chain Management. This person will drive systems functionality decisions and prioritization for their specific global functional area for development and launch of new global ERP solution on Microsoft Dynamics AX7. This person will also provide oversight and governance for global change occurring in legacy ERP platforms (DAX 2009) and ensure any changes made during the global AX upgrade duration (approximately 3.5 years).
There will be 5 global business process owners to cover the following Finance and Supply Chain subject areas: General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Forward and Reverse Logistics, Production & Repair Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for championing the global strategy and optimizing process performance for their specific global functional area(s).
- Decision maker for global leading/best practice process changes and priorities within their specific global functional area(s).
- Work with the regional teams responsible for their specific global functional area(s) to document the common core processes as well as any regional deviations.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of a common core for their specific global functional area(s) system capabilities through the Microsoft Dynamics AX Upgrade project, including the identification and rationalization of any global supporting system solutions.
- Provide business support for their specific global functional area(s) for the ongoing regional rollout of the Microsoft Dynamics AX Upgrade project
- Provide training strategy input to IT related functionality being delivered for their specific global functional area(s).
- Oversee process documentation and training material "freshness" as new functionality is introduced.
- Facilitate requisite change management for business process changes for their specific global functional area(s).
- With input from regional peers, rationalize global project and Continuous Improvement requests impacting their specific global functional area(s).
- Decide when to deviate from standard processes by client or region
- Ensure alignment / agreement across all regions (and adjacent functions if required)
- Ensure that optimizations at the regional level do not sub-optimize at the global level
- Establish and align regional metrics with the overall organizational metrics
- Streamline communication across regions for their specific global functional area(s) and ensure that leading/best practices and ideas are shared real time with all regions
- Use understanding of Asurion's business and cross-functional interactions to streamline communication across functions (facilitate end-to-end process optimization)
- Leverage global process knowledge to provide expertise for their specific global functional area(s) in support of new program launches and system solutions
- Strong operational execution skills/experience in manufacturing and logistics.
- Subject matter expertise related to manufacturing and logistics processes and functions for one or more regions and/or a capability and willingness to learn a functional area.
- Systems aptitude and proficiency in Asurion financial and supply chain operational software, i.e. Microsoft Dynamics AX, Basics and any other applications used by Asurion Finance or Supply Chain Management functions
- Ability to decompose complex processes into sub-processes with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in defining detailed business requirements and driving process change
- Experience with change management and root cause analysis techniques
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility, i.e. strong collaboration skills
- Organizational agility -- experience in collaboration in a matrix-managed environment, and across multiple and diverse groups
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to deliver analysis and data on operational performance
- Flexible and open to new ideas with the ability to understand issues from corporate, regional and local perspective while maintaining Customer focus.
- Proven ability to work well with external and internal customers
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills; communicates and collaborates effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with the right level of detail and cultural sensitivity.
- Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take decisions that have enterprise-wide impact
- Positive attitude and strong team orientation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Accounting) or a related field
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in Finance, Supply Chain or ERP Systems Exposure
- Ability to travel worldwide as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and requirements
- 5 or more years influencing stakeholders at senior leadership level
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or some other ERP is highly desirable
- Strong PC skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint
This position requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. In addition, the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications is required. Japanese, Chinese or French language skills are highly desirable.
This position requires proficiency in a variety of finance and/or supply chain ERP systems and office applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite.
This position has a strong preference for candidates with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, Microsoft AX 365 or experience with another global ERP application and a willingness to obtain proficiency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics AX7.
This positions requires advanced mathematical and statistical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial and operational data and reports. Ability and experience constructing cost/benefit analysis is highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No additional certificates, licenses or registrations are required for this position.
The physical demands and working conditions of this position are similar to those found in a standard office environment. Employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position.
Regular international travel will be required. Travel expected 25-50% of time.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top