Manager, New Product Strategy
As a Manager, New Product Strategy you will support the growth of Asurion's core business, Mobile Device Protection. You will be responsible for the sourcing and evaluation of new protection focused product concepts as well as delivering key insights on new product categories and sales channels. Typical work will include product ideation, strategic evaluation, managing interdependencies across teams, and minimum viable product design. You will indirectly lead cross functional teams to support testing, pricing, operations, sales, and other business functions. You will also be proactive in identifying new opportunities within the core Mobile Device Protection space as well as adjacent opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead new product ideation and the development of new product strategies to grow Asurion's core business.
- Drive an intellectual and analytical process with a commitment to grow and diversify Asurion's business and client partnerships.
- Proactively identify emerging market trends, disruptive business models, and form clear points of view on how it impacts Asurion.
- Work closely with market research and insight teams to proactively develop ways to better serve existing and attract new customers to core and new products.
- Define end-to-end customer experiences and product lifecycles; define and execute launch strategies to build, scale and introduce proven product concepts
- Provide data-driven recommendations on whether to persevere, pivot or eliminate a product concept based on financial forecasts, statistical analysis and distilled research insights
- Utilize Big Data to generate actionable product insights
- Ensure all product initiatives are market- and customer-driven.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills to interface with all other functions at both a managerial level and front line level.
- Partner closely with the New Product Testing teams to help prioritize initial product-market fit activities.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred in relevant field (product, marketing, business, finance, etc)
- 3-5 years' experience in product management/development, entrepreneurship, strategy, or other business- related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong selling, relationship and consultation skills
- Strong collaboration and cross functional partnership skills; ability to influence internal colleagues from all business functions
- Evidence of strong presentation skills and comfort convincing senior executives on new ideas
- Ability to present highly complex results and requirements to senior levels, both to clients and internally
- Ability to drive and appropriately prioritize competing responsibilities
- Thrives under ambiguity and possesses the ability to drive to solutions
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage large scale projects/programs
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel required
- Potential for travel, very unlikely to exceed 5% of time
- Prefer familiarity with Design Thinking methodology
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion's 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit www.asurion.com
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top