Manager Mobility Instructional Design
Job Description Summary:
The Manager of Mobility Instructional Design isresponsible for developing training strategies and content for Asurion'sMobility clients. She or he will partner with the Mobility ClientMarketing teams to define success requirements, outline the optimal delivery vehiclefor specified training and develop the learning content. The MobilityClient Marketing team will look to this person for thought leadership in thelatest training techniques, methodologies and distribution channels.
The Mobility Client Marketing team is currentlyundergoing a team-wide effort to identify new ways of developing and deliveringtraining content
- Sales rep training is a highly visible,important deliverable from the Mobility Client Marketing team; Asurion trainingcontent is always more comprehensive than what the wireless carriers developinternally
- Developing sales rep training is onlyone part of each team's responsibilities and, as such, would benefit fromhaving dedicated resources focus exclusively on training content and strategiesfor our carrier partners
- Recommend adding a resource to theInstructional Design team that focuses specifically on Mobility clients
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Client Marketing, Business and field teams to develop learningstrategies and client-specific content that aligns with account needs
- Assess the current state of training content across Asurion's accounts anddrive improvements, creativity and innovation in the way training content isdisplayed and distributed
- Partner with the Product Management and Product Marketing teams to build adeep understanding of the latest product features and details and bring theseto life in training content
- Utilize research on the latest trends and techniques to develop contentthat resonates with today's sales reps
- Assist the Client Marketing teams with developing and executing multimediatraining strategies, specifically the expanded use of just-in-time videos
- Assist the Client Marketing teams with the identification and management ofnew training distribution platforms (as needed)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gain alignment and deliver results onlearning initiatives
- Manage multiple learning projects
- Hire and manage freelance labor toassist with projects when appropriate
- Drive the usage new technologies thathelp drive engagement and business results
- Manage the creation of a wide array oflearning solutions including but not limited to:
- Computer-based learnings
- Learning games
- Distance learning
- Mobile applications
- Motion Graphics
Must have strongwriting and visual design skills and knowledge of the latest learningtrends. She/he must have exceptionalclient relations skills, ability to quickly learn and translate companyvernacular and technology, ability to juggle multiple projects with tightdeadlines, and interpersonal skills necessary to bring multiple groups andopinions together to achieve results on projects. Specific knowledge and experience in:
- Adult learning theory and delivery methodology
- Learning trends, specifically mobile learning
- Learning campaigns involving Social Media (Twitter, Instagram)
- Project management
- Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storylines
- Learning Management Software such as SCORM
- Linear video editing tools such as After Effects and Camtasia
Educationand Experience: Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred. 5-10 or more years technical writing andinstructional design.
LanguageSkills: This position requires the ability to read, write, analyzeand interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financialreports and/or technical documents. Thisposition also requires the ability to respond effectively to clients, employeesand management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications. This position requires a high level of skillin both oral and written communication and the ability to effectively presentideas and information
TechnicalSkills: Intermediate computer skills including MS Office required. Advancedknowledge of writing and design software including InDesign, Photoshop,PowerPoint, and captivate.
MathematicalSkills: The position requires the ability to add, subtract,multiply, divide
PhysicalDemands: The overallenvironment is a standard office environment. Computer work is required throughout the day. At least 8 hours of the day is spent sittingwhile standing and walking are also a normal part of the day.
Travel: 10-20% domestictravel required.
Asurionis the global leader in technology protection services. From lost, stolen anddamaged wireless handsets to malfunctioning computers, gamingsystems and more, Asurion, together with sister-company NEW, provides morethan 200 million consumers worldwide with best-in-class service, repair,replacement and delivery. The company also provides products which canprotect a consumer's wireless content and software. Asurion is the exclusiveprovider to many of the world's premier telecommunications and retailcompanies. The company is privately-held with more than 10,000 employeesand operates in six countries across three continents. For more information,please visit www.asurion.com
- This job description in no waystates or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by thisemployee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and toperform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor(s). This description is subject to review andmodification at any time without notification.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top