Manager, Insurance Accounting - Statutory Reporting
The Manager Insurance Accounting - Statutory Reporting within the Insurance Accounting team will have the responsibilities of gathering various financial and contract data used in statutory reporting to various jurisdictions. In addition, this position will have a key role in providing accounting support during month end of the extended service contract and warranty programs of Asurion.
The Manager Insurance Accounting - Statutory Reporting will be charged with monthly forecasting, monitoring and communicating the statutory compliance of the multiple entities. This position is instrumental in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the statutory reporting function by looking for improvement opportunities.
This position will work closely with cross functional teams comprised of the company's insurance accounting team, corporate financial reporting teams, underwriting, compliance and regulatory teams, regarding compliance and solvency of all the Asurion owned obligor entities.
The Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage preparation and submission of the annual statutory reports for all required jurisdictions.
• Manage the forecasting of the required capital in key jurisdictions to meet statutory ratios.
• Review and understand obligor service contract reimbursement contracts and their implications on the process flow and financial performance of the obligor entities.
• Manage the accounting records, both from a GAAP and Statutory reporting perspective, for certain HP warranty entities. Implement applicable GAAP and Statutory accounting pronouncements and understand their impact on the obligor's financial reporting.
• Month end accounting support including journal entries preparation and balance sheet reconciliations for specific entities
• Present monthly compliance forecast reports to senior management.
• Provide support for the compliance team with annual license renewals and state audits
• Enhance the documentation of key internal controls and procedures.
• Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements.
• Research and special projects as assigned
• Strong organization and management skills
• Excellent Excel skills
• Exceptional problem solving skills, attention to detail, and results oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communications, change agent for process improvement
• Previous insurance accounting/statutory reporting experience
Experience and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
• 6 to 10 years of professional experience in accounting or regulatory reporting
• Exposure to the extended warranty/insurance industry preferable
• Experience with SQL Management Studio and Hyperion a plus
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top