Manager, Claims Accounting
Accounting Manager, Retail Claims & ESC Supply Chain
The Manager of Accounting will fill a key role within the Finance group. The position will support numerous aspects of finance and accounting for the Retail Claim and ESC Supply Chain Teams. The candidate will be instrumental in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the general accounting function. The position requires solid finance and accounting experience combined with strong systems aptitude. The candidate will fit well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, focused individuals with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. The candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and the ability to work with others. This position will be responsible for all accounting functions within the scope of their responsibilities, including accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, period-end close, internal control processes and compliance. The ideal candidate will be technically proficient in US GAAP and have financial reporting experience. Strategic planning experience, monitoring and analyzing operating results and KPI's (e.g. operational scorecards and dashboards) is highly desirable.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting activities of the Retail Claims Finance and ESC Supply Chain Teams, including JE review and approvals, customer aging review, cash application, and select client invoice preparation. Maintain integrity in the general ledger, ensuring proper recording to cost centers. Prepare and develop new accounting or reporting procedures including the maintenance of current procedures. Manage the month-end accounting close to ensure accurate financial results are available to operating management in a timely manner. Prepare monthly analysis, accruals and adjustments related to Supply Chain Repair programs. Prepare monthly Retail elimination entries. Prepare month end accrual entries as assigned. Review and approve monthly Balance sheet reconciliations. Oversee the management of the Accounts Receivable function associated with Obligor payments, driving process improvement to maximize cash flow and reduce manual processes. Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations. Develop accounting procedures and policies as it relates to new product lines. Direct staff in the application of proper accounting principles. Oversee the process of documenting accounting policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures as well as adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley standards and GAAP. Supervise/direct staff members including hiring recommendations; feedback, coaching and training; objective setting; and performance reviews. Actively engage and participate in other business demands as required and/or directed by leadership
• 5+ years of progressive and related experience required
• A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
• Experience and proven ability related to reconciliation of information and research of issues
• Experience dealing with multiple systems, and understanding of subsequent complexities
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing goals through collaboration and teamwork
• Experience and good skills relating to reconciliation of information and research of issues
• Ability to apply strong problem-solving techniques
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required - ability to create pivot tables as well as the ability to create formulas (including V-lookups)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative
• Have good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written/presentation communication skills required.
• Excellent mathematical and computational skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting required
• CPA Certificate preferred
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top