Job Title: Instructional Designer
Reports To: Reporting Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating, modifying, and enhancing a diverse array of complex instructional design projects designed to improve the performance of individuals and groups within Premier Support Services. The focus of this work is creating, managing, maintaining and continuously assessing curriculum paths in support of multiple jobs from frontline employees to Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a consultative relationship with key stakeholders to identify curriculum requirements.
- Conduct needs analyses, which articulate the current state, end state, and gap to which the intervention is targeted.
- Determine the proper blend of instructor- led, hands-on, and web- based training to be used in a given solution; uses innovative learning methodologies such as case studies, engaging stories, motivating scenarios and games to reflect content, audience, and business needs.
- Work with internal partners and subject matter experts to identify new training needs, map them to the appropriate competencies, obtain information and validate courseware content
- Demonstrates the necessary fundamental training concepts, including Training session facilitation, instruction, and classroom management to ensure optimal student learning and on-the-job application
- Accurately and regularly reads audience, environment, and climate to validate direction of work.
- Work with internal partners to develop assessments to measure learning impact.
- Coordinate implementation of newly developed curriculum with internal customers, Training Delivery partners, and partner management.
- Organizes training materials for multiple delivery channels to promote learning and usability.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of training by developing and implementing post- instruction evaluation tools and criteria, such as focus groups and classroom observations.
- Assure overall quality of the curriculum to exceed customer expectations; this includes all course materials, Train the Trainers, tools, and other resources.
- Utilize project management skills to define and meet project milestones, communicate issues and risks in a timely manner, manage customer expectations and deliver results
- Recommend and present training solutions to leadership that meet business objectives and maximizes benefits to customers and employees.
- Actively seeks feedback from direct manager, peers and partners.
- Actively researches and recommend innovative training tools and technologies to deliver cutting edge design solutions.
- Experience applying a systematic instructional design approach to the creation of learning programs.
- Ability to work in an environment that embraces the RAPID model.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ADDIE model and ability to apply the principles.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to create a design strategy from a training request that will provide the best learning results, based on the learning objectives.
- Ability to perform peer reviews of training content and provide balanced feedback.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a sense of urgency to work within aggressive timeframes
- Proven ability to train and facilitate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills; ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative, without waiting for direction.
- Experience utilizing Storyline a plus.
- Experience with advanced coding or developing of interactive e-learnings a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education, Business, Communications or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Two plus years demonstrated success with increasing responsibility and various assignments in designing training courses.
- A minimum of one-year experience developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience coding and/or developing advanced eLearning courses a plus.
Meet Some of Asurion's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Bryant manages the Software Development Group at Asurion that focuses on back-office technology. By doing so, he helps deliver new products and business capabilities.
Back to top